Water/methanol kits for bikes

Dust

Registered
I see several people posting about kits, and see some mention about the PWI-2, a Hahn kit of some kind that I can't find online, and maybe a Jackson Racing kit. If you have a kit, what are you using?

YUP, that's what most use!

The Aquamist system for bikes is no longer available. Sales weren't brisk enough to warrant putting together these kits. The PWI-2 is what RCC is now using, we have installed these and they work very well. The control box with this system is fully adjustable in regard to onset and percentage of delivery. POWERHOUSE sells the RCC kit, complete with a custom aluminum tank for $750. The last bike we installed it on was a turbo B-King that is now making 300 rear wheel on pump gas with the stock wheelbase. That bike was fun to ride . . . .:laugh:

aquamist, Howertonengineering (howertonengineering.com) have a kit for motorcycles that looks good for around $500. Aquamist made a race pump that was widely used on motorcycles but discontinued it, so the new pumps are much bigger, the old ones can be found but you'll have to look around. I have the Aquamist 2s, it was sitting in someones garage for a number of years never used. Lucky find. A system that progressively adds water to the system is best, rather then just dumping water at a set Psi. Here's a pic

water1_jpg.jpg

What aquamist are guys running? The old race pump, the new HFS stuff, with the old shurflo pump or the new aquatec pump? I knew that the old race pump stuff was discontinued, but there are still 1 and 2 series, as well as PWI-1s floating around. I am looking into the PWi-1 stuff right now. I like the new howerton kit/pwi-2/rcc kit, but I don't know if that pump is fast enough to be as accurate as the old race pump or the new fast acting valve stuff. I have a PPS kit from Devil's Own in my car, but would prefer to trust something that can keep flow linear to pulses. And I don't see any failsafes for the rcc kit either. Does RCC use something else?

i run the Aquamist 2c, but i convert it to a 1s for simplicty sake since my HSV developed a leak...it works great i run 12lbs of boost and have been over 12k rpm with no issues yet...

I found an incomplete PWI-1 I am trying to get some pricing on to get complete, or at least get useable with the right wiring. I have enough tubing and nozzles. As long as I can get a BSP to 1/4 tubing fitting it should work fine for me. Just waiting to hear back from Perrin on the missing parts and their availability.

Powerhouse, are you still stocking the water tanks that you offered for the old race pump kits?

Powerhouse, are you still stocking the water tanks that you offered for the old race pump kits?

We not only have the tanks, but we still have the complete RCC/PW1 kits which are progressive, with the pulsing-style pump.:laugh:

Frank is installing a kit on my bike as I write this...

Can't wait to pick her up. :please:

Powerhouse, i was more referring to a link to the kit for sale. Goldenchild, how much are you looking to get for it?

You can make me a offer if you like. I'm going thru boxes and was just gonna ebay it. I brought it for a turbo setup, got it on,setup then guy changes car to a nos car....

I just saw it listed on ebay. That email was before this one. If I was closer to installing, I might be interested in the tank.

I have an Aquamist 2s which is ERL's top of the line system. I used it for one season. IT is like new and for sale. Check the classified. $375 +12 for priority ship to states.

mf2.jpg

So I guess it is you that listed in on ebay. Interesting vent on top of the tank. I did the same thing for the one in my car.

Back