Video from Buttonwillow trackday

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Its a big file, you might want to hit the pause button until its 75% loaded so it'll play smooth if you don't have a fast connection 
wink.gif

Length is 20:31, so grab a beer  
all_coholic.gif

Yes, I'm on my 750  
tounge.gif
  But thought you guys would enjoy the vid  
beerchug.gif
  I was hanging out with 2 other guys that weekend.  One had a 750 with a the tank camera and the other was wearing the white with red striped leathers on the 1098 Duc.  I was the slow one of the bunch...  

Big Thanks to Bryan over at gixxer.com for videoing me and sending me the DVD  
biggrin.gif
 He did a great job editing it and adding music  
bowdown.gif

And also thanks to Warren, Warbrown, for solving my video woes!!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v762816Yfbkyzme

For a couple pics and the trackday report, click here;

Great video Charles. Looks like a good fast track. Hopefully I can ride that track with you guys some time. You're doing great Charles. And... you're going fast and having fun. Very cool.... Thanks for sharing.... Danny

(vman1300 @ Jul. 10 2007,03:43) Schweet vid!

Looks like a great track.
I like the track layout a lot!!

But the track is a little bumpy
crazy.gif
If they repaved a couple of the bumpy section, the track would be awesome
super.gif

Goddamn Charles! No wonder you got bumped to race group! Sweet riding! Chasing you around Miller is gonna be intense to say the least!

Dude!! you're my hero!!!

I just got bumped up this last weekend at Ca Speedway. Finally in the low 40's. But there were two race groups and I was in the slower one. I was about mid-pack. It was definitely a little shock to be with riders rubbing elbows with you but they were for the most part pretty safe.

Miller in 1 1/2 months from now!!! I can't wait! I've been training and conditioning so I think we're gonna have a battle royale ChuckieBusa
beerchug.gif

Dropped 10 lbs so far and looking for another 10 by MMP. You prolly learned some good stuff too and I'll definitely be picking your brain
bowdown.gif

(Lamb busa @ Jul. 10 2007,20:11) Chasing you around Miller is gonna be intense to say the least!
Miller is gonna be off the hook!!!
super.gif
super.gif

Lamb is gonna find his groove quick on the track
beerchug.gif
You'll be wearing out your knee pucks in no time
wink.gif

super.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Jul. 10 2007,20:38) I just got bumped up this last weekend at Ca Speedway. Finally in the low 40's. But there were two race groups and I was in the slower one. I was about mid-pack. It was definitely a little shock to be with riders rubbing elbows with you but they were for the most part pretty safe.

Miller in 1 1/2 months from now!!! I can't wait! I've been training and conditioning so I think we're gonna have a battle royale ChuckieBusa  
beerchug.gif

Dropped 10 lbs so far and looking for another 10 by MMP. You prolly learned some good stuff too and I'll definitely be picking your brain  
bowdown.gif
Congrats on the bump  
beerchug.gif

Ahh sh#t, you're dropping weight...  
muscle.gif
 And conditioning....

I better get my a$$ up on the crest more often  
race.gif

tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

But seriously bro...You look so goddang FAST!!! I'm truly stoked for you. Those BT-002's make a world of difference doesn't it.

That does it! Lamb is getting a set of these BT002's for Miller. Parts 411 has really good prices on these!

Charles, what do you mean about getting the pressures right? In that, Lamb means, did you go up or down and how did you know?

Thanks for the praise of my lack of track riding skills

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 12 2007,06:32)
(gtrpimp76 @ Jul. 11 2007,13:04) Those BT-002's make a world of difference doesn't it.
Once I got the PSI correct, the BT002RSs stuck like glue  
muscle.gif
So you adjusted hot psi?

I heard normal increase of hot psi should be in the neigborhood of 5-7 psi. Did you base it on 30 psi cold then went up to 37 hot?

I might try that at Willow in a week and a half.

I started with 32/32 COLD PSI.  After 2 sessions(once I was warmed up), I dropped 2 PSI out of both tires.

Then I adjusted the HOT PSI to 37 front and rear.  

In the beginning the rear slid around under accel, but the HOT PSI was 42.  Once I took it down to 37 HOT PSI, the rear didn't slide anymore.

Plus, with 37 HOT PSI neither tire showed any signs of cold tearing or abnormal wear if the pressure is too low.  I probably could go lower for more grip, but since I wasn't sliding at all why?

The day after the trackday, the COLD PSIs were 28.5front and 30rear.  That's 8.5 PSI increase for the rear and 7 PSI increase on the front.

For an idea of HOT PSI, this is how it happened.
I pulled into my pit area.  Put the bike on the kickstand, took off helmet/jacket/gloves.  Grabbed gauge and measured PSI.

Cold PSI doesn't help too much at the track because Air temp, Track temp and rider abilities GREATLY influence HOT PSI.  And HOT PSI is what you're actually using when you're dragging knee thru the apex.

I'm sure there are a million different ways to handle tire PSI.  But I've learned this from others at the track and it works for me  
wink.gif

Don't know how I missed this one, Charles. GREAT vid!

--Wag--

Back