Hosting a video, 800mb

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 800mb trackday video.

youtube and the other hosting sites I've seen only do 100mb or less.

how do I shrink the video? or is there another site that'll host 800mb?

VTS_01_1
VOB File
823,714kb

Thanks guys!

Whenever I download a movie I convert it to a small file to play on my PDA. The program I use is called PocketDivX which lets you make adjustments to video and sound quality to tailor the final mb size. I shrink down most full lenghth movies to less than 200 mb which looks great on a PDA and still good when viewed on a large PC monitor.

The program is free and works great. No spyware either. Just run a google search and d/l a copy from a hosting site.

By all means turning the video into AVI format will same you a ton of space. Quality will not be comprimised. DIVX or XVID will do the job nicely.

Charles -

If you want get the video to me, I will shrink it down as much as I can and I will host it on my web site if you would like.... (providing it doesnt start crushing my monthly charges
biggrin.gif
)

Cool, thanks guys. I have shrunk it to 167mb. I remember seeing a hosting site that'll host up to 200mb, so that should work
biggrin.gif

I use movie maker for all of my video. You can select the size you want it to fit in, and it will automatically select the best resolution/format to fit.

Back