5/27 Pahrump Trackday report

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
BA BUSA, gtrpimp76, copperone, Devil Dog and family, and myself braved the 96 degree desert in Pahrump.  I didn't have a camera, but most of them did and hopefully they'll post them up soon...

Caliphotography was there but haven't uploaded the pics to their website yet, here's a link to see if the pics are there yet  biggrin.gif

My favorite track used to be Buttonwillow, but now its definately Pahrump.  Turn 1 & 2 are so much fun and turns 3-7 are very technical, keeps you very busy.

When I showed up on Saturday, Danny/Rich/Vinny&family were already there.  Next thing I know they're feeding me double 1/4lbers and helping me tape up my bike  
beerchug.gif

After the trackday, we drove to Las Vegas to check Fremont St(I think).  While there we ran into another .org member!!  He was gett'in his grove on and Vinny has video evidence  
wow.gif
  Can anyone guess who??  

Also, while on the way to Vegas, I'm following Vinny.  Well Vinny is speed'in thru the construction zone like a criminal  
AAAssjani.gif
  And of course we get pulled over    
mad.gif
   But somehow the cops just let us off with a warning...  
laugh.gif
 Can anyone guess why??  That one Vinny has to answer  
wink.gif

As awesome as that trackday was with just 5 .org members, I can't wait to see how much fun Miller is gonna be!!!!

Here's the track's layout, ignore turns 1A/1B/2A
3971764.jpg

However, I did take some pics when I got home. Because I had a moment
wow.gif

The short story, I tucked the front(handle bars went all the way to the right) in turn 3 and saved it
SHOCKED.gif
Can't say if the save was due to my efforts to get the front tire back on the pavement, if the bike bounced back onto its front tire after hitting the rear brake lever, or what... But I didn't crash
super.gif

I am left with very very very minor damage, the rear brake lever.

Bent_brake_lever1small.jpg

And I learned an important lesson the sort of hard way. After 2 previous trackdays and 1100 miles the BT014 front couldn't hang in there with me in 96 degree air temps.

Moving on to tires with more grip and ones that can handle the heat.

Bent_brake_lever2small.jpg

When we were loading up our bikes after the final session, Danny's 750 was missing its left bar end.

Probably should have checked on mine as well...

Cause mine dropped off on the freeway somewhere between Pahrump and Long Beach
argue.gif

Missing_end_capsmall.jpg

Nice find Vinny, how'd you know that guy was taking shots from the bleachers at Turns 8 & 9??

You forgot one, where the 750 is leading the mighty busa
tounge.gif

qp.jpg

So what happened with the cop Vinny?

1. You were his drill instructor?

2. He is friends with a family member

3. He is from your hood in Philly and you knew him from there

4. He owns a busa or wants to own a busa

5. He talked with you and realized you were active duty and this was your break for being such on the day before vets day

6. He is related to CHP officer O'Conor and that officer rocks.

(Lamb busa @ May 30 2007,22:23) So what happened with the cop Vinny?

1.  You were his drill instructor?

2.  He is friends with a family member

3.  He is from your hood in Philly and you knew him from there

4.  He owns a busa or wants to own a busa

5.  He talked with you and realized you were active duty and this was your break for being such on the day before vets day

6.  He is related to CHP officer O'Conor and that officer rocks.
Amy flashed him
smileyexhibit.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Back