Has anyone been to a trackday at Infineon? How does it compare to Thunderhill?

supermoto475

Registered
I've done a couple trackdays at T-hill but I've never been to Infineon. I'm going there for the first time soon and is wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect. Esp in relation to thunderhill because that's the only track I've been on.

Thanks!

I think BA would know the answer to this one.

I have been on both tracks ... Infineon I did only 2 laps during parade laps at AMA races, FUN!

T Hill I have done only about 10 laps. I think both tracks have been repaved since I have been on them and they are pretty darn good.

I basically live at both tracks.

Sears Point is very technical. Not many high speed straights cept for the front straight. Turn 1 is high entry speed but be ready for T2, you are going uphill then banking into a hard right turn and it catches many off-guard.

Walls are absolutely everywhere and very close. @ T-hill if you go off you slide forever till you hit a cow or cow dung. At Sears Point you hit concrete.

T-11 is the most awesome turn in the world. You're going one direction then you're going right back the other direction. If you slide here, it's tires you'll hit. Please don't slide here.

The facilities are top-notch whereas @ T-hill it's a little bit hick. There aren't many restaurants near the track. You'll have to drive into Novato or Sonoma. Don't drive or stay in Vallejo. I live there. It sucks. Don't do it.

If you need more info on anything, lemme know.

Last edited:
I basically live at both tracks.

Sears Point is very technical. Not many high speed straights cept for the front straight. Turn 1 is high entry speed but be ready for T2, you are going uphill then banking into a hard right turn and it catches many off-guard.

Walls are absolutely everywhere and very close. @ T-hill if you go off you slide forever till you hit a cow or cow dung. At Sears Point you hit concrete.

T-11 is the most awesome turn in the world. You're going one direction then you're going right back the other direction. If you slide here, it's tires you'll hit. Please don't slide here.

The facilities are top-notch whereas @ T-hill it's a little bit hick. There aren't many restaurants near the track. You'll have to drive into Novato or Sonoma. Don't drive or stay in Vallejo. I live there. It sucks. Don't do it.

If you need more info on anything, lemme know.

yeah everyone is telling me about how technical it is and how close the walls are. makes it sound scary but i'll have to judge for myself how bad it really is.
I have been there many times for wed night drags both in car and on bike. This will be my first time on the road course though.

Thanks for the very helpful reply :thumbsup:

T Hill is a faster track, but Sears is more fun. It's very smooth and the elevation changes make it one of the best tracks in the world. Take your time to find the racing line and you will have a GREAT DAY!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back