Velocity stacks

Ellis

Registered
Does anyone have experience with polished velocity stacks for the Busa? If so do they increase horsepower? How much? and are they worth the $?

do a search.. i know there is a thread around here. they are nice.. and i know some site around here has them.

Velocity stacks, if I remember correctly;

Stock is 2 tall 2 short
All 4 tall gives you more low end at the expense of high end.
All short gives you more high end at the expense of low end.

Its like gearing, you don't get anything for free, you have to give up something to gain something.

Question? I can see how velocity stacks help on a car, becaused them on an old MGB and it did help. But on the Busa with the ram air box? I don't see the help here.

I went with all 4 long, wanted the power in the mid range, one of the magazines did a whole test about velocity stacks on a R1, and what they came up with was between 4-7hp(change map) by putting on velocity stacks all long. They got midrange punch which is what they wanted, as far as top end at 150mph can you tell if you have lost any upper HP. I have been over 150mph and did not feel a lost of power. What I feel is between 2nd and 4th has more snap. I think for drag racing you would want all short since your want the most HP up high.

2-5 hp on the dyno at about $200 or better a set.
Not really wotrh it.... but gosh they are sooooooo pretty
tounge.gif

I want some!

VELOCITY.jpg

I just got a set of stock ones off e-bay . Now I can do which ever way I want.

By going with all long stacks it runs better in the low and mid ranges? Does it help the drive ability like around town and mountain riding etc..right now I have all short but Im going back to the original setup with GoldenChilds help he sending me to long stacks now Im just woundering If I should buy 2 more long stacks and have all long ones, just to see
rock.gif

Back