Velocity Stacks

Gixx1300R

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Motorhead,have u ever thought you making long velocity stack out of Aluminum?This would allow you to make the mouth of the velocity stacks larger and taper down to the original size.Can this give more horsepower with increased air velocity?

especially a mushroom design.but i think the curve and air dirrectioning of the stock longs are why they work.less turbulant air in the section they take air in amongst other reasons.i got a few ideas i may try later

Just installed the motorhead box with all longs. Set TPS barely into the top bar. Manually altered the ti-force map +1+1+1, it was already flowing more fuel down low than any other map. Took a short 30 minute ride, not enough to really evaluate but the difference is very obvious. Sounds totally different with the intake roar now very pronounced. More power all the way up and down the range with the most perceptible gains in the mid. Also feels like its more efficient with the increased flow. Mapping feels much better also. Tomorrow will be a good 200 miler so I'll be able to get more specific. Right now I'm real happy.

Omega, I wouldn't be suprised if you'll have to lean the mid & high end up some more.

I'm just going by some similar setups that I've used already on some stock Busa's.

Thats what I call an in your fukkin face entrance. Dare I say welcome? Is the screen name fictitious or actual?

REALCOP;
I have been reading around on this site for a long time and I hardly ever say much because I don't see were I have to. But I can tell you that out of all the different topics I've read of frank adams he has done nothing but try to help others out. If he has a problem with THEMOTORHEAD it is between those two and not you or me. What have you done for thise site? Why should anybody listen to your flaming?

Do you have any ideal how many things have been brought to our attention about different Mods, Aftermarket Products ect, from frank adams? It's plain to see you don't because if you did you wouldn't be flaming on the guy. Either that or your in love with THEMOTORHEAD and you want to sleep with him? You tell us?

REALCOP; you have to be an awfully big coward to hide behind a screen name and flame on somebody!!!!

Frank; I wouldn't let this guy get to you. He is a nobody.

Why did suzuki put the damn short stacks in the middle to begin with? what effect will my bike have if I switch to all long? I have RS3 slip-ons (not the race) with idle/cruise slightly rich by yosh box.
Thanks!

Frank, you're a **** . MH is the one making the box, researched with countless dyno runs, yet you know more than him about the settings. When he responds, you call him names. You are like a little spoiled brat. You're a joke, go pay Jesse some more money. Better yet, put more than 300 miles on your bike before you consider yourself an expert. God, I hope you realize how much of a **** you come across as. You're a know it all who knows nothing...a wannabe if there ever was one.

Next thing you'll be calling Byron Hines, Greg Cope, George Bryce, Brock Davidson and others "Physics Fags". You ever wonder why YOU can't make the HP and have to pay Jesse?

All 3 know their shitt, all 3 have their own beefs, you on the other hand would be better off continuing to do what you normally do. To wit: SHUT THE FUK UP>>>>PLEASE...

adams
Senior Member posted 26 March 2000 08:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The floor will be removed in My airbox TODAY!
THE HOLE DAMN THING!

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 23 May 2000).]

I done this airbox mod for My 1360:
I cut about a half inch out, away from the flapper valve box. Removing all burs, making it smooth as possible.(Burs will cause a disruption in the way the air flows, causing a hp loss)

Removed the vaccum valve and pluged the hole.

Put "4" 25mm short stacks on.

Installed fiber glass screen between the airbox and frame tubes. And also sealed this area.

Heres My opinion:

It's a "Must" to do a large air box mod on a built motor.

I'm still unsure if it's a good ideal to do it on a stock motor?

The more you open it up on the bottom, the longer it's going to take to pressurise the airbox, resulting in hp loss through the mid-range?

I maybe wrong?....and these are NOT facts, just My opinion.

I need to hear from somebody thats run both type of box's on a Dyno-Jet 250?

That, should tell the story!
WANNA PLAY SOME MORE FRANK YOU BULLSHITTER

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 23 May 2000).]

WTF-ever, guys!

I opened my 00 airbox the other day, and now I'm confused. I have 2 longs in the middle, 2 shorts on outsides...conflicts w/ what valklex said;
"Why did suzuki put the damn short stacks in the middle to begin with? what effect will my bike have if I switch to all long? I have RS3 slip-ons (not the race) with idle/cruise slightly rich by yosh box."

Was mine assembled wrong? Do I want all longs? Stock pipe w/ PC2 now, awaiting a muzzy pipe, poss. TMH airbox later.

Thanks,

Kurt

Valklex was wrong (now what was the first to go?) from memory probably?

Shorts are for the outer 2 cylinders, if it helps to remember maybe you should try to understand the reasoning of having the airflow path equal length for all cylinders and the air coming through that small "hole" in the middle of the airbox in stock form, thus the outer cylinders having a longer path if the stacks were all the same length. The short on outer- and long on inner-cylinders more or less equalizes the length of the paths the airflow has to follow?

Back