Velocity Stacks

LordMax

Registered
I see a lot of velocity stacks on the market for the BUSA. 40mm, 60mm etc.  Can someone give me the true low down based on experience with Velocity stacks? I see claims of 4-8 HP at higher RPM.. is this mod worth it?

Someone please enlighten me if ya can.
smile.gif

Thanks!
LM

Not sure if this will help, but from my understanding the short stacks give you more top end while the tall stacks give you more on the bottom.

How much more ... ? That I can't answer.
Maybe I should have just let someone else answer.
blush.gif

Thanks for the input.. all input helps. They don't seem to be to expensive and I would like more snap in the lower end..

I just want some feedback before I spend the money or I put the money elsewhere.

I have my TRE on the way.. Next I get the PC3 USB.. LCD display and if I decide to hit the drag strip here an Airshifter. Just thought stacks based on the literature would help out.. but they want to sell the stacks so they may be blowing smoke on real performance improvement.

Thanks for the info

mixed stockers.
if you to try something the short stockers are cheap. all you need are 2 shorts and they are the same as Gixxers750's 96-99

Save your money if you plan on buying any of the 'billit' V-stacks. I got more hp out of 4 OEM short stacks.

(dmrowe @ Jun. 16 2007,07:52) Save your money if you plan on buying any of the 'billit' V-stacks.  I got more hp out of 4 OEM short stacks.
I might be better off skipping the stacks.
AAAssjani.gif

I have a set of the Factory Pro on the car. Are they worth the hype and money?
Likely not…. but the do look sweet.

(Jonny Hotnuts @ Jun. 17 2007,10:52) I have a set of the Factory Pro on the car. Are they worth the hype and money?
Likely not…. but the do look sweet.
Yeah for a car they are good eye candy.. To bad I couldn't see them if on the bike.

I put the short OEM stacks on mine.  Once it got mapped, I compared the before and after dyno charts (wish i could find the "before.. *grumble*)

I only gained 1 MORE HP up top.  HOWEVER (this is what REALLY counts!) I made more HP LONGER over the top of the rpm range.  BY ALOT!!!

My bike "only" makes 162.8 peak HP on a stingy dyno.  But between 8200 and 10,800 it is ALL over 160.  It has a HUGE FLAT powerband on top!!!  

I didn't lose much on the bottom end (not that I can feel anyway) and I even picked up an average of 4-6 HP across the whole RPM range.  Torque maxes out right about 99.8 about 7K.

OEM short stacks are only about $30, so if you want more up top (not necessarily more peak, just more over a wider range...) then give em a shot.  But you need to get it mapped afterwards, just like any other mod.

This is the dyno chart comparing the Factory Pro V-stacks to 4 OEM short stacks.  Notice the huge flat spot and drop off in HP with the Factory Pro's. They look really sweet but did not produce the result I was looking for.

GSX1300RDyno.png

Final Dyno tune with 4 short OEM stacks and 87 Octane fuel once again comparing Factory Pro to the 4 short OEM stacks.

FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg

I will tell you the truth about the Factory Pro Billet V-Stacks. They are worth every penny. You will gain about 4 to 5 HP overall. They change the stock sound to a deeper sound. You can hear more of the motor breathing. They also provide more kick ass power down low, and top end is incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed with them, just remember to hang on when you crack the throttle.

(t8kover @ Jun. 18 2007,11:58) I will tell you the truth about the Factory Pro Billet V-Stacks. They are worth every penny. You will gain about 4 to 5 HP overall. They change the stock sound to a deeper sound. You can hear more of the motor breathing. They also provide more kick ass power down low, and top end is incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed with them, just remember to hang on when you crack the throttle.
Tell us more,

What CC, Cams etc. What size/combination stacks. Do you have a dyno sheet you can post? 4-5 hp is a bunch.

(dmrowe @ Jun. 17 2007,22:31) Final Dyno tune with 4 short OEM stacks and 87 Octane fuel once again comparing Factory Pro to the 4 short OEM stacks.  

FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg
Your chart w/ the OEM shorts looks EXACTLY like mine, except mine hit 162 ish whereas yours shows 175 +. Mine also leveled out near peak HP a bit earlier in the RPMS (8200 where yours is 9K) Otherwise the curves are exactly the same: curves, dips, torque dips, and holds lots of HP across the top of the RPM range.

Regardless, the OEM shorties make more HP over a greater range on top.

I'd be curious to see what mine did on that same Dyno.
rock.gif

(t8kover @ Jun. 18 2007,09:58) I will tell you the truth about the Factory Pro Billet V-Stacks. They are worth every penny. You will gain about 4 to 5 HP overall. They change the stock sound to a deeper sound. You can hear more of the motor breathing. They also provide more kick ass power down low, and top end is incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed with them, just remember to hang on when you crack the throttle.
These are the stacks I was looking at http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4308411

They claim the 4+ horsepower

I'm curious about your setup as well. The dyno specs seem to prove they perform but not as good as OEM.

I was looking at the 60 mm Stacks for my bike.

Are their any bike turners out their that can shed some light on this subject? And possible provide dyno sheets between the different stacks. I am also looking at getting some stacks myself. Just don't won't to waste money on some hype.

(LordMax @ Jun. 18 2007,19:13)
(t8kover @ Jun. 18 2007,09:58) I will tell you the truth about the Factory Pro Billet V-Stacks. They are worth every penny. You will gain about 4 to 5 HP overall. They change the stock sound to a deeper sound. You can hear more of the motor breathing. They also provide more kick ass power down low, and top end is incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed with them, just remember to hang on when you crack the throttle.
These are the stacks I was looking at http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4308411

They claim the 4+ horsepower

I'm curious about your setup as well. The dyno specs seem to prove they perform but not as good as OEM.

I was looking at the 60 mm Stacks for my bike.
Do us (and yourself) a favor and if you opt for the V-stacks do a dyno run before and then after so you can see the comparison. I found the hype about the Factory Pro's to be just that. I talked with Marc at length about the results and he couldn't figure it out why I got the results I did. I must say, even though I was not happy with the product Marc returned my phone call and spent a good amount of time discussing this with me. In the end I sold the stacks to Golden Child and wished him better luck.

(Professor @ Jun. 18 2007,10:37)
(t8kover @ Jun. 18 2007,11:58) I will tell you the truth about the Factory Pro Billet V-Stacks. They are worth every penny. You will gain about 4 to 5 HP overall. They change the stock sound to a deeper sound. You can hear more of the motor breathing. They also provide more kick ass power down low, and top end is incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed with them, just remember to hang on when you crack the throttle.
Tell us more,

What CC,  Cams etc.  What size/combination stacks. Do you have a dyno sheet you can post? 4-5 hp is a bunch.
+1
poke.gif

(Johnnycheese @ Jun. 19 2007,16:08) I will yet to say it again.
Worthless
Even w/ the fear of getting a case of "overmyheadness" when talking to JC, please elaborate on the worthlessness for all us potential buyers. Why the diff. in the dynos then?

the differance in dynos (I have yet to see one chart that made power and had A/F attach to it) is because of what you are doing to the bike while dynoing. engine temp, fuel, timing etc.
you want the most torque the mixed stacks OEM is the way to go.
you want the most HP short. but you will have two dips in torque.
Also keep in mind if you make 4 on top what do you lose down low.
Do you ride at (9k+ all day
wow.gif

Back