Velocity Stacks

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
Can someone or anyone tell me about their experiences with velocity stacks. Schnitz racing has a set for 08 busa's. Was wondering if they are worth getting, they claim 3-6 Hp gain. It is relatively cheap and would be a cheap way to gain a couple horsees.

I have a set on my gen 1.
They work fine.
They are a little tricky to get in and I used water soluble lube from a drug store and they went in a lot easier.
I would do it again.

:thumbsup:

I've got the '07 GSXR1000 short stacks on my '08 and I didn't really notice any difference. Unfortunately I don't have any dyno numbers to back anything up either.

Got a set on my 08..... noticed a slight increase in hp (seat of the pants)along with the DNA air filter and they were real easy to install. .. just my :2cents:

Just got off phone with guys at fuel moto, there is no dyno maps for the stacks, because they see no real gain in horsepower on the machine.

153 in the quarter with stock stacks.
153 in the quarter with short stacks.
Innovate Datalogger indicated no discernable change to A/F. Timeslips indicate no discernable change to MPH or splits.
Change to power is probably less than 2 HP.

Skipping lunch tomorrow would probably have a bigger impact on performance (and I need to skip lunch for at least a year).

Just got off phone with guys at fuel moto, there is no dyno maps for the stacks, because they see no real gain in horsepower on the machine.

Correct, there is NO real gain for a street bike. For a all out race
bike they can pick up a horse or two, maybe even 3 or 4...BUT that
is with A LOT tuning and dyno work.

Save your $$$ :thumbsup:

Btw, just in case someone does decide to get a set, you can get them here.

Buy Now: Velocity Stacks for your Hayabusa

(feels like I am teasing you guys a bit :laugh:)

As long as people thirst for better performance, these items will always be around. Velocity stacks have been used for decades to try to boost performance. You'd probably have to dyno test the bike back to back to see a discernible difference, and they'd likely work best in 1000cc plus bikes, but then again 2-4 horsepower to some is good enough motivation. Tell me again how much $$$ you've invested in your bike? I've stopped counting. :laugh:

velocity_stax_450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, just in case someone does decide to get a set, you can get them here.

Buy Now: Velocity Stacks for your Hayabusa

View attachment 115053

(feels like I am teasing you guys a bit :laugh:)

As long as people thirst for better performance, these items will always be around. Velocity stacks have been used for decades to try to boost performance. You'd probably have to dyno test the bike back to back to see a discernible difference, and they'd likely work best in 1000cc plus bikes, but then again 2-4 horsepower to some is good enough motivation. Tell me again how much $$$ you've invested in your bike? I've stopped counting. :laugh:

Suzuki Hayabusa 99-07 1010-0286: Off website, thanks, but as far as 08's can only find fitting stacks from Schnitz Racing.

I saw better results by removing my secondary throttle plates. The factory stacks work fine for the RPM range your restricted to.

I obviousely have one mode now but never used b or c anyway.

I know this is an this is an old post but wanted to throw my two cents worth in. I tried the Factory Pro velocity stacks and they were a waste of money. You are better off using 4 short OEM stacks and they only cost a couple of bucks each. By using the Factory Pro's it actually cost me HP.
With Factory Pro's
GSX1300RDyno.png

Short Stock OEM's
FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg

UGH OK, was looking for aftermarket performance stacks and I think this 08 busa forum, so I doubt would be looking for 1000gixxer stuff, let alone 07. :colgate:

:rofl:

The 08 BUSA uses the same OEM parts as the 07 GSXR1K airbox/velocity stacks. So....it's a direct fit if you want them now and don't want to wait for them on back order....

Back