Velocity Stacks

Downsouth13

Registered
rock.gif
Whats up Everybody? I have an 03 Busa, Full Yoshi RS3 Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, PC3,And MPS Air Shifter. I was looking at the Velocity stacks and wondering is it worth the $$, or is it just to say you have them.  Any info would help. Thanks

They claim a 2,3, sometimes 4hp increase....for $250+  
argue.gif

If your bike is for ALL out racing, then it might be worth it to you. A street bike would benefit more from a custom map (tune)  
beerchug.gif

I just tried all shorts (oem) in my bike. It was a flop. The bike was down on torque everywhere. Didn't seem to help on the spray either. I am back to mixed stacks.

Funny you should ask, I just did a baseline run with my bike, Yoshi bolt-ons K&N air filter, Power Commander, and then we tried Factory Pro 70mm V-stacks, it gave the bike about 4hp and 2-3ft-lbs on a the Factory Pro Dynomometer... they "Factory Pro" wanted to know how well they would perform on a bascially stock bike. I didn't get to keep them, not worth the $200 for me at this point

Thanks for the advice. $250 for 3 to 4 hp is not woth it to me. I think I'll invest in a set of cams next instead of the stacks
bowdown.gif

(Downsouth13 @ Mar. 04 2007,17:42) Thanks for the advice. $250 for 3 to 4 hp is not woth it to me. I think I'll invest in a set of cams next instead of the stacks  
bowdown.gif
Do cams AND stacks!
cool.gif

With everything you have the small box mod would be worth it. I tried Factory Pro stacks and they didn't produce the HP or torque that I got with 4 OEM short stacks. I posted dyno results previously but here they are again. Marc at Factory Pro has been very helpful but we are both mystified as why the I got the results I did. Theroetically, the Factory Pro's should have produced a higher, smoother curve for both HP and torque.

178 HP with the 4 OEM short satacks
171 HP with Factory Pro V-stacks

Might try messing around with 2 short billets and the 2 tall Factory Pro's. I did 3 runs each with premium grade fuel and regular (87). Best results were with regular.

FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg

So, here's a question... If I used 4 FACTORY short stacks and got it tuned, would I notice a difference in midrange over just getting it tuned?

(Downsouth13 @ Mar. 04 2007,22:42) Thanks for the advice. $250 for 3 to 4 hp is not woth it to me. I think I'll invest in a set of cams next instead of the stacks  
bowdown.gif
Smart move there to ditch the stacks idea and just cam it .

You can get a head and cam package then sell your head and come out really good . Check it out .

My data was emailed to Mark (Factory Pro) about 2 minutes after the run with the factory pro V-stacks was completed. Apparently the guy I went to is supposed to be the East Coast Factory Pro "man"... they were trying to figure out why there was a large loss in HP/torque when they used the V-stacks on one of the bikes in the shop that's turbo'd...

I'm not playn with a turbo, I live in Louisiana, its humid like crazy. Turbo bikes have alot of trouble down here. Just want my bike to run good and not have to wrench on it all the time. Been their done that. Also its a sleeper the way it sits. Just the way I like em.

No I didnt touch the air box. It runs pretty strong right now. To scared to mess up a good thing, being I have never done one before.

Back