Velocity Stacks

(Downsouth13 @ Mar. 05 2007,18:07) No I didnt touch the air box. It runs pretty strong right now. To scared to mess up a good thing, being I have never done one before.
The air box mod is really easy, do a search and both here and at Brock's website.

Hi,

i have installed just three days ago a Superflare velocity stacks kit on my COMNPLETELY STOCK '00 Busa (only mod is NGK iridium spark plugs), and noticed a very light improvement in power and torque curve, in all the useful rpm range. not impressive, but slightly improved performance.

it is basically the same sensation you have after doing a very accurate tuning of the engine syncronizing the throttle bodies, changing the spark plugs and air filter after a long period... substancially the engine behaviour is the same, but it runs smoothly and sharply.

one of the things i have noticed most is an improved capacity to wheeling in 1st and 2nd drive.

i hope my school english to be exhaustive
biggrin.gif

"Math check"! <wink!>

3-4 HP for Factory Pro stacks that cost $250 at full price and take 30-45 minutes to install by the owner.

Last I looked, Yosh or Megacycle drop-in cams were $700 - $800 a set and were worth 6 to 8 HP (average ~7).
Installation takes 3-4 shop hours of labor

Breakdown:

Factory Pro stacks as tested at HFD1 in Georgia, $250/3.5 hp
about $67 per HP
Most owner's can self install.

Cams:
Yosh or Megacycle, dropin type, $750 average cost / average 7 hp
about $105 per HP
Plus - most owners will pay a shop 3-5 hours to install and degree.

Looks more like the cams aren't worth it?

Back