Velocity Stacks

Kurt, the last time I opened the airbox was a while ago, and the busa is not my only bike. Don't pay attention to the order, I'm pretty sure the stacks are the way you said. The point I was trying to make is why the middle stacks are different than the outer ones. Nobody seems to know why, so I'm just going to leave it alone.

Hey Valklex, maybe you missed my posting just before yours?
Have seen many airboxes with setup like that.
Hell, even my '93 CB1000 Big One had long and short stacks like that inside the airbox.

So I guess what I'm hearing from Animal(thanks!) is that I'll screw up the flow w/ all longs.

TMH? Any input?

Depends on what other (airbox) mods you had planned?

If you're also removing the flapper and cutting the floor inside the filter lip, equal length stacks shouldn't be a problem as the path of the airflow through that larger "hole" is then already darn close to equal at least to each cylinder no matter what length stacks is being used!

You should put all long stack in your box to increase torque.(best combonation found)

The stock filter and the middle floor of the airbox restricts air flow to your motor.

Getting more air to your motor results in hp. (more air + fuel= hp)

Modifying your own airbox is really easy if you have the right tools.

The reason I think there are different size stacks in the stock box is to have the best of both worlds. The length of each one works better at different rpm's.

Short= mid/high range

long= low/mid range

Then I want 2 longs---TMH, I'll email ya at your aol address,

Thanks everyone.

Kurt

BadBoy, Don't worry I don't let people like that get to Me.

And yes I do have a problem with the motorhead.

Anyway, I would go to batt for a lot of people on this site but motorhead just not one of them.

I don't like him, I don't have to like him. That doesn't mean I'm saying he doesn't know what he's talking about because in most cases he does. I just have a different opinion of him for MY OWN REASONS.(and he should know why?)

BadBoy, thanks for the credit you gave Me!

There are at least a half dozen other guy's on the Hayabusa.Org that deserve a lot more credit then I do, or at least thats the way I feel.
I hope it comes to them soon!

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 23 May 2000).]

Back