UPDATE: Omar's Day Playing Soccer. . .

When I left the ER last night, they called it a sprain. This is mainly due to the fact that the Xrays were negative for a fracture. I need to call my Orthopedic Surgeon today; I'm sure they will want an MRI to see if anything is torn.

In the meantime, Percocet is all they gave me
crazy.gif
It helps some...
What did you do? Twist it? Somebody fell on it what happened?
I was charging the ball. Planted my left foot and the next thing I know is I hear a *POP* and my knee is going one way while I'm going the other! On the way down, another *POP*!

After I was carried off the field, waiting for the ambulance, I saw that everything looked 'normal' other than A LOT of swelling. My guess is that I dislocated it and the second 'pop' was it going back. Everyone said that they heard it - they called it 'impressive'.
blush.gif

My daughters were there, also. They didn't enjoy seeing Daddy hurt like that...

Darn it Omar, I hate that for you. Same knee I hurt years ago. Let me know if ya need any help with anything. I'll give you a call afterwhile. You home today?

Yeowza! That hurts just reading about it. Heal up quickly.

Darn it Omar, I hate that for you. Same knee I hurt years ago. Let me know if ya need any help with anything. I'll give you a call afterwhile. You home today?
Thanks, Hal. Yep, lying in bed w/ the leg up, taking lots of drugs
winkold.gif
. Waiting on the Dr's office to call with what's next...

Just saw this.... I almost called you last night, sort of glad that I didn't...Heal up quick!

man that sucks!!! I hope you are still going to be able to make the MNG....If you need help with anything around the house...let me know!!

The fuzzier the picture, the more you look like Albert Pujols. Hope the MRI comes up clean and the healing is quick.

Well, looks like 0845 tomorrow, I goto the orthopedic... Let's hope it's good news tomorrow!

sorry to hear omar

thats why you leave exercise to the pro's hahah

but heal quickly and listen to the doc's

Omar , Sorry to hear about your mishap. Bro I wish you all the best & hope for your quick recovery. Holler if you need anything!!!!

Hopefully it's not miniscus/ligament damage. "Pops" are never good sounds on the soccer pitch.
Stay off of it as much as possible until ortho sees MRI. Hope you feel better soon.

Back