Underslung caliper brake line length

ZeePopo

Registered
I know someone had answered this for me before but can't seem to find the answer. I'm adding a underslung caliper on the rear with a stock swingarm and not sure what length to get. Don't want to mess up and go too short and shoot myself in the foot. I'm using a ISR caliper that banjos in the middle of the caliper. Any suggestions for length? Thx!

I know someone had answered this for me before but can't seem to find the answer. I'm adding a underslung caliper on the rear with a stock swingarm and not sure what length to get. Don't want to mess up and go too short and shoot myself in the foot. I'm using a ISR caliper that banjos in the middle of the caliper. Any suggestions for length? Thx!
That would have been @ROADTOAD1340 or @Dai. I was just searching on the forum about doing this to my bike and found some posts by one of them or both stating a 26” line or something like that was needed.

Line length is measured from the very end of each banjo, so you can use a piece of string and measure it if you need to.
Makes it easy to order custom lines.
Exactly as I would do it . . a length of light gauge wire and bend it to the shape it needs to be up at the m/cyl end (looped) and then when it's decided the correct length is determined, straighten out the wire and measure it. Easy.

Back