How does this look?(Rear brake line)

20210630_123041.jpg
20210630_123047.jpg

Mines a gen one and alittle different but this is how I ran mine.

Oops you can delete my comment me and mythos messaged at the same time hahaha.
It’s fine.There’s enough flex in the line for it to not be a problem but the ‘final’ loop at the rear caliper end will not flex ‘sideways’ as to hit the rotor.If anything the line is a little too long.

i just went out and looked at my front brakes, mine are different as I have a Brembo MC and duel lines going down to a junction block. I took a picture to show you but the battery died in the camera...it's charging now...
I was originally gonna run a double from the front mc but as I had these lines already I said I’d see how they work out.
I have to order a clutch line but that should be it.

I like your set up.You have 2 holes drilled in the swingarm am I right?For those ‘C’ clips that hold the line down?
No those are factory to the swingarm it also has a little welded bracket on the inside of the swing-arm for the line to run through, I'd put some protective material around the brake line like rubber hose and zip tie it with heavy zip ties right to the swing arm if you don't have any brackets.

No those are factory to the swingarm it also has a little welded bracket on the inside of the swing-arm for the line to run through, I'd put some protective material around the brake line like rubber hose and zip tie it with heavy zip ties right to the swing arm if you don't have any brackets.
I have a ‘P’ clip left over from another bike that I can bolt to one of the rear mud guard anchor points.Just a bit nicer than using a zip tie.

Might help get a better routing if you want..
View attachment 1637194

Re your comment of bleeding being awkward, couldn't agree more. Esp if you have the oem Brembo's on the front.
I do.The banjo connects to the rear of my caliper.Not ideal.That rear set up is fine.It’s not gonna touch.Just waiting on a custom clutch line,then bleed clutch+brake systems,new battery,oil and filter.Take for a ride.Can’t wait to test the Galespeed masters

I hear your concern but there’s not enough flex in the line to touch the rotor.I wouldn’t risk it.
There's not enough flex with you carefully pushing and pulling. That's definitely a big risk you're taking. But hey, take my advice with a grain of salt, my damn brake line is zip tied to my swing arm

Back