How does this look?(Rear brake line)

murphc13

Registered
I had to rotate the banjos to fit.Hiw does this look?This is a rear line for a stock caliper but as you can see I have an underslung Brembo.

7A5330DF-8BFF-4599-91B6-BCEECB04E8D2.jpeg

70420984-1F97-4B62-B9C5-A16CC06D36FE.jpeg

Looks like a potential bad day to me but if you like it that’s all that matters. I would make sure it’s secure everywhere and cannot get caught in the rotor or anything.

Looks like a potential bad day to me but if you like it that’s all that matters. I would make sure it’s secure everywhere and cannot get caught in the rotor or anything.
I hear your concern but there’s not enough flex in the line to touch the rotor.I wouldn’t risk it.

I've never seen the rear brake line routed like that...how are the other bikes with that type of brake set up have their lines routed?

My ZX-14 aftemarket rear brake had the same arrangement but it was longer and I had enough line to make a bigger curve at the back. It never touched anything. The line ran through a P-clip attached to a mount on the swing arm for the stock rear brake line bracket. I don't think the busa has a bolt hole you could use for a P-clip but a zip tie should do. Remember the line will need to slide through the zip tie as the rear suspension articulates. Look close at that square tube support on the swing arm, I think there is a bolthole now come to think of it. yours is a lot tighter than the one on my 14 so I doubt there'd be a problem with it flopping around. Will yours be too tight with the swingarm all the way open (down)?

My ZX-14 aftemarket rear brake had the same arrangement but it was longer and I had enough line to make a bigger curve at the back. It never touched anything. The line ran through a P-clip attached to a mount on the swing arm for the stock rear brake line bracket. I don't think the busa has a bolt hole you could use for a P-clip but a zip tie should do. Remember the line will need to slide through the zip tie as the rear suspension articulates. Look close at that square tube support on the swing arm, I think there is a bolthole now come to think of it. yours is a lot tighter than the one on my 14 so I doubt there'd be a problem with it flopping around. Will yours be too tight with the swingarm all the way open (down)?
What do you mean will mine be ‘too tight with the swingarm open’?

What do you mean will mine be ‘too tight with the swingarm open’?

Rear master cylinder is fastened to frame--stationary. Rear banjo bolt is attached to brake caliper wich is attached to swing arm---moving. As the swing arm moves, the brake line may get a bit tighter. Now that I think about it, the line would probably get tighter as the rear suspension compressed (closed). The drive chain gets tighter as the frame compresses too--same thing, one end is stationary, the other moves.

Mine is ran on the Inside of the swingarm and I have a fairly large loop just incase I ever max out my rear suspension. You have to remember the master cylinder does move and is bolted to the frame and the caliper moves with the swing arm so if you don't have a safety allowance of brake line and you hit a big bump bye-bye brake line.

Back