Brembo rear caliper

murphc13

Registered
Hello all.Im thinking I’d like to change out the stock rear caliper for something nicer looking and underslung.From my understanding a different bracket is needed.
Is a Brembo bracket a Brembo bracket and all rear Brembo calipers will fit or does it depend on the caliper(assuming the bracket is right for the Busa)?
Gonna bypass the abs also.

Willie sent me this photo over a year ago. One can not read the weight , but I think my stock parts that are modified are lighter than this , but it would be nice to confirm .
This set up though is I'm sure easier for service over stock gen 2

20190619_075724.jpg

Willie sent me this photo over a year ago. One can not read the weight , but I think my stock parts that are modified are lighter than this , but it would be nice to confirm .
This set up though is I'm sure easier for service over stock gen 2

View attachment 1627270
Looks nice.The stock set up is a PITA also which is another benefit of changing.Thanks Bryan.

Brembo 84mm caliper to suit with an A-Tech mount bracket will suit.
Thanks.I’ll check that A-tech stuff
Well that was easy. I have been cobbing custom parts onto bikes for years. Sometimes you get lucky and actually get "Plug N' Play"...nicely done Dai. Yer GTG murph. :thumbsup: Usually you have to mess with 'em,space them out,mount at a different angle,longer/shorter hose,etc. Cool...I'll put one on my wish list. Have to check if it would fit my custom rotor.
Rubb.

@c10 Speaking of brackets for 84mm calipers. Does anyone know if they make a ABS rear caliper bracket for a Gen 2 that is not underslung? I get a lot of debris here and don't want my caliper to be all banged up.

Well that was easy. I have been cobbing custom parts onto bikes for years. Sometimes you get lucky and actually get "Plug N' Play"...nicely done Dai. Yer GTG murph. :thumbsup: Usually you have to mess with 'em,space them out,mount at a different angle,longer/shorter hose,etc. Cool...I'll put one on my wish list. Have to check if it would fit my custom rotor.
Rubb.
Ya I’m kind of expecting the brake line to be a custom.No biggie assuming some companies do that.Guessing they do.

Ya I’m kind of expecting the brake line to be a custom.No biggie assuming some companies do that.Guessing they do.
Usually...just about any hydraulic supply house can build any hose for any app. It's not rocket science if you are tooled for it. :thumbsup:
Also companies like Roaring Toyz etc,that sell extended swingarms may have what you need length wise. I'm a fan of their stuff. I use their arm(4 in over) and outside drive kit,etc for my rear 330 wheel set-up.
Rubb.

I changed my Gen 1 rear for the brembo set up 2 weeks ago , I got the kit from the UK ..Caliper, mounting bracket and link rod , looks tidy . Could use better pads though . I won't know how good it really is till I have herself on the back . Rarely use the rear solo riding

Usually...just about any hydraulic supply house can build any hose for any app. It's not rocket science if you are tooled for it. :thumbsup:
Also companies like Roaring Toyz etc,that sell extended swingarms may have what you need length wise. I'm a fan of their stuff. I use their arm(4 in over) and outside drive kit,etc for my rear 330 wheel set-up.
Rubb.
There are a lot of European companies doing hoses too.We get screwed on stuff coming from the US these days.
Happened me recently with the Brocks top plate.Half the price almost on tax.good time that.

I changed my Gen 1 rear for the brembo set up 2 weeks ago , I got the kit from the UK ..Caliper, mounting bracket and link rod , looks tidy . Could use better pads though . I won't know how good it really is till I have herself on the back . Rarely use the rear solo riding
Just bought a bracket from MH products in the UK.Caliper next.I want to tidy the bike up a bit.The UK salt has been tough on her for 6000 miles.
I’ll get it where I want(or almost) by March:).

Just bought a bracket from MH products in the UK.Caliper next.I want to tidy the bike up a bit.The UK salt has been tough on her for 6000 miles.
I’ll get it where I want(or almost) by March:).
Can you post a link to the bracket please?

Back