Rear Caliper Banjo Bolt--How?

Mythos

Registered
There is some sort of bullet head on the rear caliper banjo bolt. How does that thing come off? I need to remove the rear brake line for upgrade to a Galfer line.

There was some good info about differing bolt thread pitches on this thread and I do see Galfer includes two diff threaded bolts https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/154667-rear-brake-line-removal.html

....but for now, how do I get the OEM banjo bolt off the caliper with that pointy thing on there?

I use a wrench! a 12mm!

From the factory they are very tight.

LOL, yeah, GIXER...12mm --I discovered the banjo bolts are really tight a couple days back. I took off my rear brake MC to paint it ...had to put it back on to turn that banjo bolt with a wrench! I couldn't get it holding the MC in my hand and wrenching on the bolt w/the other!!

What I was asking about however was the chrome bullet head that covers the rear brake caliper banjo bolt.
bltbnjocvr.jpg

^^^Is that NOT OEM?

I found a set screw on the back. ..so trhat is how it comes off. It takes the smallest allen wrench. 1.5mm
bnjocvrsetscrw.jpg

Well then next time post a pick, because what you removed is not factory!

I was beginning t0 think not because no one was picking up on the "bullet head" description. My bike sat out in a showroom prior to sale. I guess they put a few little doodads on there and that must be one. I like it! Think I'll keep it!!

Thanks for help.

Back