Uncle Sam Explains to Porky Pig why he should say the Pledge :)

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
This has become one of Adam's fav cartoons..
He now runs around the house yellin'
"To Arms, To Arms...." :laugh:

[URL="
- Old Glory Porky Pig[/URL]

I recorded it on my cell phone and was gonna upload it but found it was already here.

And heres Adam saying the 'new' version of the Pledge that he was taught at school.

[URL="
- ADAM SAYS THE PLEDGE 10 22 10[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
They left out "under God" in that cartoon version of the pledge. Seems even back then some were trying to take "God" out of the pledge.

They left out "under God" in that cartoon version of the pledge. Seems even back then some were trying to take "God" out of the pledge.

Cartoon is approx 70 yrs old.
'Under God' was ADDED to the Pledge in 1954.
Before that Porky's version was the correct one.

originally the pledge did have the words "under god"
the question is....why do people have to add god into everything?

I thought your relationship with god was supposed to be personal, not to be shoved down people throats.

originally the pledge did have the words "under god"
the question is....why do people have to add god into everything?

I thought your relationship with god was supposed to be personal, not to be shoved down people throats.

Well at the same time why do people have to try and take God out of everything. I don't add god to anything but I try to place God in everything.

I am not stating the obvious to start an argument nor will I get into one. Some believe some don't. I personally believe.

Well at the same time why do people have to try and take God out of everything. I don't add god to anything but I try to place God in everything.

I am not stating the obvious to start an argument nor will I get into one. Some believe some don't. I personally believe.

the pledge was written without the words "under god".

I was simply explaining to someone that apparently did not know this. The words "under god" were inserted into the Pledge. This is not about belief or faith. In the 1954 Christians decided to insert god into the pledge, even though for over 50 years, and two world wars it done its job inspiring americans and affirming thier allegiance to this great country.

Back