Getting to Know John McCain

Was sent to fight in an un winable war bound by political handicaps and know he supports the same kind of war. You would think being former military he would know better....
guns.gif
 Fuq McCain
+1 McCain is another Bush
wtf.gif
all_coholic.gif

Hmmm...silver spooned brat is right for McCain. So you have a cadet the finishes towards the bottom of his class and you think he is responsible enough to fly million/billion dollar aircrafts. That has his dads prints all over it. Make him a pilot because the admiral says so, and yes the **** does work like that.

I do commend all POWs and have a lot of respect for them and even McCain. We shouldnt elect a president based on what's happend to him, but on what he's gonna do when he gets in office. He will continue to help big business (tax breaks), dump our money into the middle east since tanks dont run on medals and war stories, and continue to allow our young men and women to die, but for what?  

So as i mentioned earlier Fuq  
guns.gif
 McCain
Al you keep saying is fug McCain.

fine, but instead of just saying fug McCain, how about offering to us a better alternative and explain why they are better than McCain?

I was rasied up, and the military has also taught me it is fine to criticize, but if you do then offer a solution at the same time. criticizing without offering a solution is a waist of time.

As was mentioned before, I am just trying to determine the lesser of the evils.

At first I was against Obama because of what I had heard about his childhood, his dad's etc.

Then after conversing with others and keeping an open mind I started to think that maybe having Obama in office could be a good thing.

But this whole pastor fiasco basically has turned me off of him again, I dont care for his pastors views, and if he has been friends with his pastor for over 20 years and has been being pastored by him for that long then he knew where his pastor stood.

If I was going to a church and my pastor shows any signs of seperatism, racism (and yes I would say he qualifies as a racist). I would be finding a new church.

So for me, I feel Obama is trying to get out of the frag pattern by lying about the current situation which I dont want a president who starts off by lying. nor do I want a president who is racist.

I have no problems with a woman being president, the person male or female just needs to be quailified. If Hillary wasnt married to Bill, then I might have considered voting for her, but then when it came out that she has been lying about differant things trying to make herself look good, that turned me off of her.

Unfortunatley, in my opinion McCain currently has the highest degree of integrity in comparison to the other options.

Yes I am using a sliding scale for my calculations, but seriously someone give me a better option and explain why.

I want a candidate who is going to serve the people, not themselves, not their own families, not special interest groups.

I want someone who is going to be fair and just and not be racist towards anyone.

This country is extremely diversifed in race and religeon, we need someone who will serve the people equally, honestly and fairly.

So.. someone give me an option and explain to me why your option is better than McCain? honeslty I want to know, because I am not seeing very many good options at this time

If Obama is catching hell behind his former pastor, you mean to tell me that some of you would give old Condi a "fair" chance??

It is truly sad that no matter how much this country has changed/grown, it is still overwhelmingly evident that it still comes down to black & white politics.

People make fun of his name, act of fool about his extremist former pastor, but what about his policies. I have seen tremendous support for Obama from his constituents (of all ethnicities).

I used to have far more respect for Hilary. But she would buy Bill a busload of trailer park strippers if it would get her in the white house!!

As far as McCain is concerned, he gets much respect for being a P.o.W. other that, he is old and out of touch. As mentioned earlier, how can he run the farm, when he can't keep the illegals out the chicken coup (Arizona)?
What do you mean by black and white politics?
Black & White Politics is just that. Blacks and every culture in America have all made great strides in this country to the point the opportunities available now almost seem limitless ..................... except for the position that some revere as the most powerful man(or woman) in the world, The President of the United States.

I think the message has always been you can run, but you will never actually get in. This is the result of the good old boy system that has been in place for decades. Think back to the movie Trading Places with Dan Akroyd & Eddie Murphy. Remember when the bet was over and the two rich brothers were in the bathroom. Their exact words were, "Do you think we would let a ni&&ar run our company?" I know this was a comedy and most people thought nothing of it, but that is exactly the mentality of many in today's society, especially when it comes the Presidency. If there has ever been something knwon as a glass ceiling you'd better believe there is one in Washington D.C.

Maybe on day the people in the U.S. will fully grow out of the "new slave" mentality. Alot of people may say that this playing the race card, but I guess you actaully have to have a seat at the table to be able to play any card. We have gotten in the room, but we still don't quite have our place at the table.

Trust me I know everyone is not narrow minded and closed off to the thought of a non-white President. But look at some of these BS polls they take and the demographical breakdown on voting trends. I think it all proves my point.

Besides, if Hillary gets in office you know she is going to want to get some payback.

She will end up getting a BJ in the oval office

Thrasher, I think you have made some excellent points. The one thing that this whole election fiasco has brought to the forefront in the country is that things are not and may never be 100% equal.

I myself have to be careful how I view the immigration thing because they are a group of people to. A group that I wish would stay in their country and quit fugging up my taxes, but a group nonetheless!! One of the weirdest things I have seen is Hispanics speaking up against illegal immigration. But in actuality it is really not funny. If we were at war with Africa (hypothetically), I am not African, I am an American citizen, born and raised here. I didn't have the honor of serving in the military, but I would fight and die for this place, IF there was a logical reason.

End of the day, the majority of us are US Citizens, and we should all have a shot at the Oval Office. But always know there are whole towns of people that are thinking that if Obama wins, what's next? Will it be a Hispanic President after that? Funny, that more illegals have gotten in under the watchful eyes of a few white guys!!

Thrasher, I pray for the day when the field is 100% levelled, and not tipped by race, wealth, greed, etc. Till then we all better stay on our knees and pray to God (not Jeremiah Wright or Pat Roberston, etc) for guidance.

In reality, none of the candidates running should be running. McCain seems to be the lesser of the 3 evils at the moment. What will drive my decision are the VP candidates.
That's kind of how I'm beginning to feel...

If McCain chooses Condoleeza Rice, I'm in...never have I had as much respect for a female in politics as I do for Condoleeza...she should be the first female President, not the sloth that is Hillary
laugh.gif
Totally agreed.

I dont follow politics it's boring and over my head most of the time. All I can vote on is morals, honesty, and integrity. There is only one choice for that.

Was sent to fight in an un winable war bound by political handicaps and know he supports the same kind of war. You would think being former military he would know better....
guns.gif
Fuq McCain
He's sure as hell got a great point.

Any of you who are into politics and keeping abreast of the current
situation over in the middle east either have , or should watch the
following documentary with McCain in it. It's called, "Why we Fight".
http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/
This is a MUST SEE for anyone who doesn't understand D.C. politics
and the current system, this is NOT what Fox News (Faux News) tells you.
shutup.gif

This is a Movie that in FDR's (WWII 4 star general > President) final speech to the nation flat out tells us that the military industrial complex
is taking over America......look at where we are now. Same f'd up place
except ALOT worse......this cycle needs to end. The ONLY Republican
for that change is Ron Paul.

After watching that.....and seeing McCain's stances.....it should
bring you to REALLY wonder HOW IN THE HELL he now supports the wars
in the middle east and now he's talking about an Iran invasion??
This guy is all over the place.

I respect him as a military veteran, and the tragedy he sustained.
BUT ....by no means does that mean I will give him the reins to an
entire nation when he can't even make up his mind year to year on
his stances and how he double talks himself CONSTANTLY.....he pays
lip service....I'm sorry but I can't honestly say I'll vote for him
and I am a OLD SCHOOL Republican, (translation, that means I don't
support Bush's NWO republican ideals)

I am still a Ron Paul supporter.

Those of you who say that's foolish, I tell you this.
We as Americans are stuck in a vicious media cycle of THEM choosing
our next presidents for us, and making us choose the lessor of 3 evils.
It's been this way for decades, and we need to start voting for whom
we believe in , and NOT who is "popular" on the TV. If everyone in
America did this, we wouldn't continue to get these pre-chosen candidates
and then continuously complain about them.....Vote for who you believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't vote for McCain. 8 years ago, sure, but not now.

You can't deny the man's history - a war hero, POW... He's one of the few politicos in the Senate who have siblings in active duty... He's unquestionably served this country.

Nonetheless, that's no reason to make him President.

The past is the past, it's the future that's the problem, and that's where the problems start. Simply - what does John McCain really believe? He's changed (read: flip-flopped) on a lot of issues. It could be said that the John McCain of 2008 is a very different politician than just 8 years ago. He's even a different politician that he was earlier in this campaign - when his campaign was practically broke and shedding strategists - when he started to woo the more conservative side of the party while trying not to alienate the moderates, both Democrat and Republican. So...if elected, what does this guy really believe? What will he really do? Considering the tight-rope the guy is walking between the factions of the Republican party (some of which STILL don't trust him) how much pandering is he up to? Where's the truth? From his recent policy statements, he's closer to Bush than he has ever been in his entire political career...and this sitting president - I can only hope - will prove to be the worst leader of this country that we'll ever have to endure in our lifetimes.

McCain finally lost me when he said that he really doesn't understand economics. You lost the interview right there. I mean...gas-tax holiday? Bloomberg hit it on the head when he publicly called it just plain stupid.

I'm also at a loss as to why he opposed the GI bill. And why he - a man who personally endured torture - doesn't consider water-boarding torture.

I'm voting for Obama.

ps - on the topic of pastors. The last Wright press conference was bizarre. People can talk day and night about how the black church preaches a different way than the white church..ok, fine...but that was weird, something like a bad comic on Def Comedy Jam, except it was a public speech by a religious figure. I still don't know what to think about that. Obama lost some points with me over that one. It seems that he handled it well, but we'll see how it plays out.

As for McCain - his bedfellows aren't much better. John Hagee? The guy who claims the Roman Church is the "Great *****" that drinks the blood of the Jewish people? The man who said God created Hurricane Katrina to punish New Orleans for a scheduled homosexual parade? (OK, he retracted that one after McCain called it "nonsense"). McCain is also apparently somewhat comfortable with Robertson and Falwell. Let's not go there.

Like I said, I am left with trying to vote for whom I think is the lesser of the evils.

Honestly, if it was not for the pastor Wright issue I think I would be voting for Obama, but I just cant get past that issue and the feeling Obama might be more in tune with Pastor Wright than he is letting on, and no way am I voting for Hillary.

I dont NOT want to vote.

and voting for anyone else is like just throwing away a vote.

I am taking notice to the points made about McCain and will be looking into those issues more in depth before the final election day.

If McCain chooses Condoleeza Rice, I'm in...never have I had as much respect for a female in politics as I do for Condoleeza...she should be the first female President, not the sloth that is Hillary
laugh.gif
If Condoleeza ran fro Pres. she would be ahead of them all. She is a no BS taker kinda person. Loved the way she handled Congress. "If your gonna ask me a question, you damn well better let ME answer it!" Clinton is simply appalling. It terrifies me to think she might be president. As far as McCain, There are things in all of our lives that we consider mistakes, Question is...Did we learn from them?
We are in Iraq. Lets just deal with it. Pulling out suddenly is certainly the wrong thing to do. Lets make some changes and start doing things the right way. I beleive this to be McCains point of veiw.

I think Ron Paul was the only republican that would have gotten my vote. DO you think his stance on the war is what hurt him?

Im not into politics and I just spent a half hour reading this. I respect everyones views, but I cant bring myself to vote for any of them. Just my .02

Back