Umm it is a busa!?!?

I just watched the pro stock final tonight.  It was an all Suzuki final and Antron Brown won to take the points lead.  Pro stock rules require the bike be just 6 years old.  Suzuki runs GSXR 1100 motors.

I still see a lot of GS drag bikes at the track.  I got beat Saturday by a guy that runs 7.80's on one.  He won the points race.
The Pro-stock bikes have to have bodywork that resembles bikes sold in the past "X" number (Antron Brown is runnin a 98 Gixxer body) of years. They are still running 2 valve GS "based" Mountain motors in them though. The Air cooled top end, rollerbearing Crankshaft and buttress strong bottom end made this thing a natural for Drag racing. Thats the bad thing. They have destroyed so many of them over the years that they can't find cases anymore! There was an article about this in Motorcyclist several years ago about Angelle Seeling/Savoie. They had a ghost image of her Dragbike showing the motor and ghosted out bodywork. They talked about this in that article.

Same thing happened in Hydroplane racing. They blew up so many of the Merlins and Allisons that they became hard to find and get parts for and along came Gas turbine Helicopter motors! The only Piston engined Unlimited Hydros anymore are dynosaurs but still awesome to listen to and watch!

laugh.gif

There was this kid and his girl at the local Wendy's one night talking smack about how his 750 was beating every Busa he met with. Then he goes on to talk about the purple/black Busa in the area that just won't learn and how he beats this Busa down everytime.... I was like WOW...
wow.gif
 "you know the guy that rides the purple/black Busa". Goes on how he not only knows the guy, but that the guy is a complete fool for always trying to race him. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Oh, maybe I should let you all know that I am the only purple/black Busa in the area since 04... I have gone out looking and asking, but yup I am the only one.

So, I talk a little more and we head out to the parking lot where our bikes are parked... I just walk over to "My Baby", put on the helmet, start her up, and then cruise over to where he and his group are gearing up.... roll up, flip up the lid, smile and say "nice meeting you, hope to see you on the road some time".

I am not sure what was better, the look on his face... his girls face... or the laughter from the other riders. Got the impression he is one of those guys... know what I mean.  
biggrin.gif
I wish I could have been there to see his face.... That's great!!!
jump9.gif

... I just walk over to "My Baby", put on the helmet, start her up, and then cruise over to where he and his group are gearing up.... roll up, flip up the lid, smile and say "nice meeting you, hope to see you on the road some time".

I am not sure what was better, the look on his face... his girls face... or the laughter from the other riders. Got the impression he is one of those guys... know what I mean.  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
That's the best part looking at their stup** faces.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back