Umm it is a busa!?!?

Youkai

Registered
Well, the woodward cruise is ramping up here in MI and I was out Saturday night just parked and enjoying the night.  A guy parked in front of me walks over and starts looking at my bike and walks up to chat.  

First thing he says is that none of the Japanese bikes are winning in NHRA drages, its all Harleys.  Now keep in mind he has a Harley hat and jacket on (I personally don't care what you ride and I don't talk crap).  Then says he has never seen a busa go in the 9's stock.  

I was about to walk away from his crap talking when he then says, "thats a nice 1300, ever race a Hayabusa".  I was surprised but played along and replyed no.  Then says, "well the 1300 and the Hayabusa are pretty close in power."  He was completely serious about it.  I remember another board member have something like this happen as well and I couldn't believe it just did to me.

We talked some more about cars and bikes in general and he turned out pretty cool but still I think I need bigger decals or something.

<!--EDIT|Youkai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155513086 -->

Nice... Maybe the Kanji on your bike wasn't big enough..  
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, from what I'm reading, a  reason Harley is winning NHRA events, is the V-twins are allowed to have a larger displacement vs. inline 4's...  
hmmmm... Go figure=)

Are you talking about the guy on the gixxer 750 that was trying to tell me that my bike was a ducati.

laugh.gif

I'd have pointed out it was a hayabusa just before he was going to walk away!
biggrin.gif

From what I remember, a board member was filling up and a guy walked over saying your bike isn't the fastest thing anymore. He expected to hear all about the ZX-14 but the guy said, the Hayabusa is the fastest bike now. He just laughed and rode away.

Nice... Maybe the Kanji on your bike wasn't big enough..  
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, from what I'm reading, a  reason Harley is winning NHRA events, is the V-twins are allowed to have a larger displacement vs. inline 4's...  
hmmmm... Go figure=)
Simply put, Harley wins because they run engines you CAN'T buy for yourself, not just bigger displacement, but MANY other things. Basicly, it's legal cheating. All the other bikes are ones you could buy the parts for.

if you look at the standings right now a suzuki is on top, not a harley

I had an experience with a stealership the other day that this thread reminded me of. I called for some turn signal bulbs. and told them it was for a 06 Hayabusa. They asked for the cc's. I was a little worried by this time. I told him ummm 1300. He then says "them there Hayabusas are pretty fast huu?" (have to remember I live in Missouri), I said yeah they are pretty fast, do you have my bulbs in stock? He then goes on about the new Kawasaki and I was ready to just hang up.... Oh and I am also tired of people asking me if my bike is a Honda....... That happend twice today alone. Ok. I feel better, needed to vent.....

I had a guy ask me what my bike was yesterday... ( it was only about 25 yards away) I told him it was a Suzuki... he said, oh ok.. .thats a nice 1000 you got. Just as i was about to correct him he says, yea i got a harley with way to much money in the engine, its got a cold air intake, heads, cams, 4 barrel carb... i've only met one guy on a Hayabusa that can beat me and thats because he has a twin turbo on it...
wow.gif
I stood there shocked as he went on... i couldnt bring myself to say anything to correct him. Thankfully he had to leave and i just went back to work on my bike...

This is one that got my blood boiling years ago. The early 80's NHRA pro-stock days. Suzuki GS's ruled and then the NHRA implemented weight rules to make it more "level" between the 2 valve motors (Kawi's) and the 4 valve GS's. Then some crafty soles (Ward/Vortex) started making huge 2 valve heads for the GS's. These or renditions of these are what most still race. Then V&H came out and made a Billet motor for the V-rod Drag bikes which the NHRA allowed for god knows what reason. Since then the flood gates have been opened! The big twins are allowed to do whatever the hell they want short of power adders and the trusty old GS's are still there waging mortal combat on them! FERCHISAKES even Muzzy is running a Buell (he even tried to make a ZX12 Pro-stocker!) now. And now the AMA (Roadracing) is trying to do the same thing. Anybody seen the new Formula Extreme rules yet? I loved my old GS1150 because to this day you can still build em to spank man!

As for the A$$clown who didn't know the difference between a Busa and a "1300". Just consider the source!

I can't believe any of you guys corrected this people. It would've been priceless to see the look on their faces.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

I just watched the pro stock final tonight. It was an all Suzuki final and Antron Brown won to take the points lead. Pro stock rules require the bike be just 6 years old. Suzuki runs GSXR 1100 motors.

I still see a lot of GS drag bikes at the track. I got beat Saturday by a guy that runs 7.80's on one. He won the points race.

Youkai where abouts in Mi are you located? i am in rochester and am out on woodward alot with my buddies, if you want to ride ever let me know we go out alot!!!

I had a guy ask me what my bike was yesterday... ( it was only about 25 yards away) I told him it was a Suzuki... he said, oh ok.. .thats a nice 1000 you got. Just as i was about to correct him he says, yea i got a harley with way to much money in the engine, its got a cold air intake, heads, cams, 4 barrel carb... i've only met one guy on a Hayabusa that can beat me and thats because he has a twin turbo on it...
wow.gif
I stood there shocked as he went on... i couldnt bring myself to say anything to correct him. Thankfully he had to leave and i just went back to work on my bike...
Oh my gosh! flol - it's like - what can you say to that! It's just so funny. I love it when people put on their Jeff Foxworthy hat or their Bill Engvall sign and shite all over themselves in public like this. It's just so funny!! omg...

(tears rolling down my cheeks laughin) I know what you mean though guys... I get stuff randomly all the time.

'Hey there boy, what chu ridin' there? That there onna them uh (pause).. hayabusies? Yup - had me onna them years ago... perdy fast too... but my ol blah blah blah blah blah' blink blink...

Way funny... happens a lot. Keep posting these things... I love reading about them.

There was this kid and his girl at the local Wendy's one night talking smack about how his 750 was beating every Busa he met with. Then he goes on to talk about the purple/black Busa in the area that just won't learn and how he beats this Busa down everytime.... I was like WOW...
wow.gif
"you know the guy that rides the purple/black Busa". Goes on how he not only knows the guy, but that the guy is a complete fool for always trying to race him. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Oh, maybe I should let you all know that I am the only purple/black Busa in the area since 04... I have gone out looking and asking, but yup I am the only one.

So, I talk a little more and we head out to the parking lot where our bikes are parked... I just walk over to "My Baby", put on the helmet, start her up, and then cruise over to where he and his group are gearing up.... roll up, flip up the lid, smile and say "nice meeting you, hope to see you on the road some time".

I am not sure what was better, the look on his face... his girls face... or the laughter from the other riders. Got the impression he is one of those guys... know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

Should have raced him for $50. I use to race the little gixxers all of the time, but then it got to the point that it wasn't even worth starting my bike up for anything less than $50. I could see a 1000 beating a busa, if the busa rider is scared to ride it. But a 750? I could take off in a normal matter and still beat him.

The dude is a total Moron. The 'Harley dragsters,arenot even Harleys!!
They use Axtell,S&S,Carillo,STD,Delkron.....
None of the dragsters are even a bit of Harley!

Back