Suzuki made a busa 1500... Really...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Had a guy try and argue Suzuki made a Hayabusa 1500 and he owned one. I just nodded and agreed... He then found out I had a busa in the parking lot, and asked me if it was a 1000 or 1500. Told him they only made a 1300 and the new 1345. He wanted to bet otherwise. I'm waiting my payment. Been into these for 6 years, I know these bikes enough. LOL He spent 30 minutes on his smart phone looking for anything about a busa 1500, and saw one page from 2006 on dragbike.com. I told him I remember that, and it never came about and was a hoax. He said "Then why does it say 'official Announcement from Suzuki' and have the Suzuki banner on it?" Told him someone made it, and I've had 2 first gen's and they were only 1300, and I've got a lot of friends with Gen 2s, and I know they aren't 1500. Some people just have to be right. I gave up after a while.

Im always running into someone like that, acting to know everything, and they just end up looking bad.

Well, get ready to pay your buddy.. I have one. Sorry to tell you.

I'll upload pics in a minute, I have to move a couple bikes to get to it.

I have to move my CBR1900XX and a Kawasaki ZX2400R to get to it. Be right back....

Well, get ready to pay your buddy.. I have one. Sorry to tell you.

I'll upload pics in a minute, I have to move a couple bikes to get to it.

I have to move my CBR1900XX and a Kawasaki ZX2400R to get to it. Be right back....

Small correction here:

That Busa of yours was the limited edition, especially built for the USA. It's actually listed as a 92 cu inches motor, which is 1507 cc,

Small correction here:

That Busa of yours was the limited edition, especially built for the USA. It's actually listed as a 92 cu inches motor, which is 1507 cc,

So it's like FastFrog's "limited"? White with a silver frame, huh? :laugh:

If he says he has one at home then why did he have to look it up on his smart phone??? Why couldn't he just go get it???

Gen 1 = 1299
Gen 2 = 1340 ( I thought I read 1342 somewhere but going by people on here who own them 1340)

Dayum, he beat me to it, 1299 and 1340 :laugh:

I have seen a 1720 at the track, and I believe a vendor made up jugs for a 1900 :rofl:

Good seeing you post up Ben. Don't be such a stranger.

I think he's been to England, his mate had a Suzuki 600cc, which he got up to 195 mph, and it was still pulling, but he got scared and slowed down.

Yep! 1299 and 1340, well, mine are !

I think he's been to England, his mate had a Suzuki 600cc,
which he got up to 195 mph, and it was still pulling, but he got scared and slowed down.

Greg, another Aussie from down here, own's a 220mph 750 Suzuki,
the thing is, his is the real deal. He ran it in the US a while back....

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Suzuki never made a 1500cc block but I remember reading on here where some shop did, but I believe these were engineered for serious drag racing. And they may have never even released them I just remember them posting pics and stating that they had made them.

Don`t own a Busa "yet", but I will.

Anyway a guy at work is going on about the Busa. He tells me he is going to look at the "Turbo Busa". I tell him the Busa does not come with a Turbo. He tells me BS, he has seen them. One of the other guys tells the mouth that I know about Busas. He looks at me and asks, they don`t make a Turbo Busa? I say not from the factory. But you can have a turbo installed. He says "oh". He does not bring up Busas anymore.

Back