Two cops "busted" doing 147+

i got a wreckless driving charge for just speeding, i believe it was thirty over

You're the first I've seen on here. Did you get a lawyer ?

I rec'd a wreckless driving charge for 25 mph over AFTER I had been "pushed" by a police car that tailgated me in the dark for several miles. I slowly increased my speed to create distance on the freeway, 55 mph limit. Only when I reached 80 did he pull me over and then he pulled out the wreckless driving charge. At any time he could have a) lit me up before I reached "wreckless" speeds, b) backed off/stopped tailgating, c) lit up and gone around me. Of course, I could've also a) allowed the tail gating to go on or b) pulled off the road, neither of which should I have had to do. Ultimately I went to court and beat the wreckless driving down to generic speeding but what if I was one the 90% of the ticketed population that doesn't even know that you can go to court for a traffic ticket? ???

Please...ban this troll.
I only work in the truth. Don't hate me, hate the supreme court since they made the ruling MULTIPLE TIMES not me. Don't take my word for it go ahead and google it for your self. Let me google that for you
Ive got news for you, LEO's arent the only people who get breaks....Military, nurses, doctors, EMS personel, firefighters
You think I don't know that? I grew up around LEO's.
If youre not happy with your job, get a new one.
I already said that. LOL
I dont even know what you do, but im willing to bet that you dont deal with the lowlifes (mostly) of society on a regular basis.
Strawman. Has nothing to do with anything. If they can't handle the job then quit. Any excuse is just an excuse.

Last edited:
i have no problem if a man...after spending the last 18 months in the sandbox needs to blow off a little steam. i would not use it to condem veterans.

we are not all the same....some of us serve our country, some of us serve our communities....some of serve our nieghbors....

and some bash those that do on the internet....

just an example of the hypocrisy...a few weeks ago some guy came in and asked how to beat his buddies ZX14, in high speed runs on the street. there were pages of advice on how successfully do 190 mph on the street...

i am sorry if you feel your job is stressful, but it is nothing compared to the job of a combat soldier, or a LEO...i think the need to diminish thier service, to bash them and to justify your hatred of them is sad and due to some sort of envy...

in the end..i am glad that there will always be those that serve, and protect us....

unfortunately there will always be those that snipe at them from the safetey of the internet...

afterhours,

Agree with much what you're saying. But isn't it possible to appreciate LEO's that are doing the job well and still take issue with LEO's that abuse their authority and privelege, as we might with any other person, whether they play in the NFL, run a daycare or ride a Hayabusa?

I am very much in favor of LEO's, the NFL, daycare and Hayabusa's, but that doesn't mean that I will excuse an LEO that breaks their own laws, an NFL player that won't play by the NFL rules, etc.

By the same token, I don't condemn all of a given group based on the actions of one or just a few of the members of that group and this case is no different. In general LEO's are appreciated.

i also did not see any bashing here - original post made a statement as to whether a non police officer would have received a reckless driving charge for going 147 mph. In Ca. you must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he "intentionally did something he knew, or should have known, that could result in killing or injuring someone" . Clearly a judgement call, but at 147 mph I would say it certainly could have been much worse for the Leo's.

They should of known better.

If a child care service was found abusing a child we would think they should of known better especially cause that is their area of expertise.

147mph... They are well aware more then the general public the safety issues involved.
the article did state that barring outcome of court, that they will then have to face further responsibilities with their employment. Innocent to proven guilty.

I'm sure if a law was broken in writing a citation for MPH was made then the officer writing the ticket would also face some issues of his own. I would think that would of made bigger news then the two who were speeding. Was the officer trying to let them off easy? Probably. I know a few people who have been let off easier. Speeds reduced on their tickets so as to not have a free set of handcuffs etc...

afterhours,

Agree with much what you're saying. But isn't it possible to appreciate LEO's that are doing the job well and still take issue with LEO's that abuse their authority and privelege, as we might with any other person, whether they play in the NFL, run a daycare or ride a Hayabusa?

I am very much in favor of LEO's, the NFL, daycare and Hayabusa's, but that doesn't mean that I will excuse an LEO that breaks their own laws, an NFL player that won't play by the NFL rules, etc.

By the same token, I don't condemn all of a given group based on the actions of one or just a few of the members of that group and this case is no different. In general LEO's are appreciated.

right on....

my major point is...we all make mistakes, need to blow off some steam after a tough day, or just do things that are not really smart....

you say something that is important.....

"But isn't it possible to appreciate LEO's that are doing the job well and still take issue with LEO's that abuse their authority and privelege, as we might with any other person"

i don't see any indication that these guys abused thier authority. however, we are not treating them as any other person....

excess of 30 mph = "max speed" violation which can be a felony

at 147mph, it would definitely be a felony and suspension of license at very least

in PA you would get speeding, max speed, reckless driving, and public endangerment.

three of those are felonies...and you would see jail time and THEN lose your license.

I did not read once in the article that they will do anything other than pay a fine...

Yet another in example of Communism and the gestapo taking care of its own.

Anyone remember the 205 mph guy they put through hell and they proved the bike couldn't even get near those speed levels? Hmmmm...a man accused of the impossible and basically found guilty and two caught red handed who will be lucky to get fined...

Justice!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i have no problem if a man...after spending the last 18 months in the sandbox needs to blow off a little steam. i would not use it to condem veterans.

I have a problem with it, in 2008, more marines were killed in motorcycle accidents (most were young ones on sportbikes) than were killed in combat...so ya I have a problem with "blowing off steam on the street" ....

Last edited:
sad not seeing the LEOs taking care of their own...
but who knows maybe these guys have been busted before off the record

So are you saying the cops that busted them should have let them go?

its hard to pass accurate judgement without know abosolutely all the facts and circumstances but from the surface I would say yes he should have let them go. However that may have been the best the reporting officer could do for them in this circumstance. i don't know.

its hard to pass accurate judgement without know abosolutely all the facts and circumstances but from the surface I would say yes he should have let them go. However that may have been the best the reporting officer could do for them in this circumstance. i don't know.

I think he should be treated like a citizen

so odds are he should lose his license and see jail time.

So at what offense in your mind should he become a mere mortal and face judgment like the common man? Maybe if he kills your child in one of his stupid acts....will that change your mind?

I disagree. Maybe in that state but here in FL. You get caught doing 147 you going in and if it's a trooper and you are LEO you may still go in:rofl: and have to hear a lot :poke: too:rofl: QUOTE]

Flawed logic. it DIDNT happen in florida. I could just as easily say "well if they were in Germany on a part of the autobahn that has no speed limit, they werent even doing anything illegal."

I still say that they sped, got lit up, stopped, and got their tickets. Failing to see the issue here. And if you think that losing your job or the ability to work in their choice of work for the rest of their careers (which is what the article seemed to indicate will happen if they're found guilty) isnt "holding them to a higher standard" then We're just too far apart to understand one another, i guess.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Let me try it to clarify. I hope they don't loose there jobs over this. I never made any mention of holding them to higher standards in my post.
If I get a ticket on my bike for doing 147 I will most definitely loose my job if I am found guilty. If I am caught doing 147 by one of the troopers I work for here they will call my boss directly an I will loose my job before I ever get convicted an will not be given any opportunity to defend myself. Which is why I don't do it, it's a lousy job but it's all i got atm so I have to take care of it.

Maybe they deal with that kinda stuff harsher over there in that state, but if they were here it really wouldn't be such a big deal. A Miami Dade cop here got caught DUI by a trooper, the Miami Dade officer was off duty in his take home squad car an he didn't loose his job over it. And I am sure there are cases here where they didn't go easy on an officer for stuff like that.

They got caught doing 147 that to me is funny weather they are LEO or average Joe. At bike night by here they did a speed trap to get the bikers as they were getting off the highway, there was a trooper 2 miles down the road clocking them. They charged each one for reckless driving impounded about 14 bikes for triple digits I laughed at them. When I got arrested non traffic:whistle:(which they new would cost me my job) the arresting officers were laughing at me when they cuffed me an when they processed me at the station they were all in there getting a good laugh at my expense. They didn't get killed or worse kill someone else so I don't see anything wrong with laughing at this article. If me laughing at the situation these individuals have placed themselves in offends members here I am sorry I will just laugh at it more quietly next time. Didn't mean nothing by it ibified :down:

Back