New set of tyres for around $1100

Rosco

Registered
Put a new set of tyres on the old girl yesterday some Dunlop D220's, I took the recomendation from my mechainc, Their a harder compound than I usually would get, but summers on the way here and he said the turbos get a bit better life out of these. The 200mm rear dosnt look that different from the OEM 190 and on the 250km ride home they felt good and stable. It was a nice cruise at speeds form 110kph to 240kph.
While not as grippy as some I usually do my hard work in a strait line anyway.

Which brings me to the cost:

Front and rear D220's fitted and ballanced, $478.00
Speeding fine for exceeding the posted limit by 43kph, $600

However it could have been worse, 3kph more and it would have been $1600 and a court appearance.

It was a little sad, 124kph in an 80kph zone, 3 lanes each way (empty both ways, except for the unmarked car behind me), no intersecting roads and I was just cruising along minding my own busniess.

But thats life with the Busa. I was speeding so what can I say.

You do the speed, your wallet bleed!  
tounge.gif

Heres a pic of the offending tyre, I'm sure it had somthing to do with the speeding, some how.....maybe....sorta....crap!

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130633748 -->

DunlopD220.JPG

New tires and that throttle thing~ie will get you every time........ I think my next Mod. will be the invisible shield..... can't ticket, if they can't see you........

when I saw the topic I thought, oh god, please don't tell me it's going to cost that much to replace my tires to have the hot setup. You got me! HA HA

get a lawyer a good one.  where are located??
Way down in Australia.

I was on my way to a BBQ with my best friend and his partner.

She is a Crown Prosecutor (your equivalent of Federal Prosecutor), she became very angry but advised under the circumstances that it would stick. I pity the officer the next time he appears before her though.  
wow.gif

The irony of it all is that if I were booked for the higher charge, another friend (Crownie as well) would have been the one prosecuting me!  
tounge.gif

On a happier note, the guys that did my turbo install have asked if I would mind them displaying my bike at the Sydney Bike Expo. At least I might get in for free.

Cheers
Ross

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130741801 -->

wow.gif
Been awhile Rosco....so that's what you've been up to, eh? Getting Turbo'd and ticketed...lovely.
tounge.gif

Good to see ya back around, bud.
wink.gif

and over here, if it's twenty over the speed limit, it's considered reckless driving.
wow.gif

But enough dribble....pics of the turbo, man! Come, now....we must have pics!
smile.gif

Hi Pac dude!

I put some pics up, there in the turbo section

Bugger, dont know how to linky thingy.

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130743568 -->

Oh, it worked after all.

Here is the latest new bit.

Hope all is well for you in sunny Guam, I may have to pack my shaving kit and come up for a visit.

jump9.gif

BOV.jpg

Back