Two cops "busted" doing 147+

Busa1166: no not offended at all (see how nicely civilized discussion works folks?) by what you said. I was just making a point that you said "in my state they would..." whatever. Doesnt matter what would happen in your town, my town, or on the moon. LOL laws and how they are enforced may vary from place to place (which is another discussion for another time) but within each area, they should be enforced regardless of who it is breaking them. That was my point. Hope I clarified that for you, bro.

It does not bother me in the slightest that the people we call when the crap hits the fan do not get trafic tickets.

I'm sory if it bothers you

It does not bother me in the slightest that the people we call when the crap hits the fan do not get trafic tickets.

Thats actually a pretty good point, Fast. For all the people here who complain about getting speeding tickets, youd think some of them would be happy to hear that someone was speeding and DIDNT get one.

Oh well, some people are just bound and determined to be unhappy I guess.

excess of 30 mph = "max speed" violation which can be a felony

at 147mph, it would definitely be a felony and suspension of license at very least

in PA you would get speeding, max speed, reckless driving, and public endangerment.

three of those are felonies...and you would see jail time and THEN lose your license.

I did not read once in the article that they will do anything other than pay a fine...

Yet another in example of Communism and the gestapo taking care of its own.

Only problem with your complaint is that they werent in PA, they were in Oh. Face it, these guys are getting the same punishment as anyone else...quit whining :banghead:

Only problem with your complaint is that they werent in PA, they were in Oh. Face it, these guys are getting the same punishment as anyone else...quit whining :banghead:

Kesler.....Is that the "Bum Fights" dude in your avatar?:laugh:

Geeeeeze, I can't stand it when some of you guys get on a cop hating kick. Listen, I am a cop. I don't use my badge to get out of anything. I do act stupid every once in a while. I never act stupid in busy traffic and only for short bursts. My bike usually only gets 5 over, maybe. Stop bashing cops for making mistakes. If they get caught, they loose could loose their job, career, and pay all of the fines along with it. Don't hate cops too much, you are going to need one in the furture, I Guarantee it.

I agree. Wanting to push the limit is human. Most humans want some sort of thrill out of life. Why should WE keep them from the same human priveleges? On duty is another standard which is under someonelses opinion. There are a few LEO's that abuse the badge. Most LEO's are our brothers. Off the clock I don't hold them at anymore blame than I would anyone on this sight. You play and get caught then you pay. If you want absolute 24/7 join a convent.
These officers would definetly have your back, off-duty if you were in trouble.
Regardless, they deserve at the very least some respect for coming out in the black of night to defend your ass and it doesn't matter what you get paid, it's not worth a life.

Keep your peeps!

Ive been given many breaks by our chp guys. Times where I could have easily went to jail and didnt even get a ticket. Lots of times. So if they were given a pass on this it wouldnt bug me at all. In fact, if I got a ticket from my own agency I would be pissed.

If they weren't cops this would have probably never hit the news and we wouldn't be discussing it.

QUOTE]

I have to disagree we've had plenty of news coverage such as the "intelligent" kid who took a 160 mile an hour jaunt till he ran outta gas and there have been a few others. I think maybe we (myself included) have gone a little agro on the subject due to the fact that we all know that there are exceptions for law enforcement made that would not be made for the average joe. If they are correctly tried and justice is served as it would be for any individual it will ok, the thought that it will be taken into consideration that they are LE (which is a definite possibility) is what frustrates me personally. But can't count that till the day in court.

If the laws in CA were slightly different I would not call, in fact I don't call . I prefer to take my chances in person than take my chance that they will get there in time it's the unfortunate truth that calling is like praying hopefully the response will be fast enough. If your lucky, don't know how it is in everyone else's neck of the woods but the response time here is not that great, if you can get through to someone and they feel it's important and I wouldn't call unless someone was in a life endagering trouble too many people already call to complain they did not get their mc nuggets.

If they weren't cops this would have probably never hit the news and we wouldn't be discussing it.

QUOTE]

I have to disagree we've had plenty of news coverage such as the "intelligent" kid who took a 160 mile an hour jaunt till he ran outta gas and there have been a few others. I think maybe we (myself included) have gone a little agro on the subject due to the fact that we all know that there are exceptions for law enforcement made that would not be made for the average joe. If they are correctly tried and justice is served as it would be for any individual it will ok, the thought that it will be taken into consideration that they are LE (which is a definite possibility) is what frustrates me personally. But can't count that till the day in court.

you see there is the problem....tolerance.

Rules are written for a reason.

If cops and judges can write their own rules, why have them at all?

Why not just put them on a throne and we can all circle and bow down...

As was said: they were speeding. they got lit up. They pulled over. They got their citations. I see no issue here.

Yer Honor....I rest my case....now what were they riding ????....... :oldcool:

Post script: Hasn't anyone seen Super Troopers ????...they were supposed to be wearing a bandana, sunglasses, and a long-haired wig too...... :super:

Last edited:
+1

an officer isnt a robot, they like to have fun as well. he made a mistake... let him pay, but leave his job out of it.

Except, that ANYONE who ever recieved a speeding ticket by either of these cops should sue.
I know they are human, but they HAVE to practice what they preach. They lose all credibility as officers of the law by pulling a stunt like that. And frankly, you have to question their intelligence. Don't they KNOW if certain highways are patroled by air? Really? Frankly, people that stupid should carry a gun.

Lighten up guys. Now we are questioning their intelligence? Seriously? If you think cops are favored over everyone else, then go join the academy and good luck to you. Here are 5 pages of debate and the end is no better than the rest of it. I would like to make a point:

I work in safety. I preach safety daily to the people I work with, performance, influences, errors, etc. Now say I get on my Busa this weekend and I get a ticket for speeding. Should I lose my job because I was unsafe and broke the rules? Should I?

Lets grab our torches and pitch forks................jeez.

Back