Update: Two cops "busted" doing 147+

he got it....the arresting officer could have made this much much worse.

Average person would have faced charges of fleeing and eluding capture I bet.

Been there! I was charged with felony police evasion and didn't do it. The arresting officer charged me because he could and it was my word vs his. I was very respectful and pulled over immediately, but he just decided to make another charge up. No one even told me what I was being charged with until the next morning when I made bail. He left my bike and helmet on the side of the road with the keys in the bike also.

Reduced to reckless driving in court.

I was SO surprised they received tickets at all, but then when I read the story about the airplane, etc and realized how many people were involved it all made sense.

It is HIGHLY unlikely they would have received tickets if it was just one cruiser who was involved in the operation. I personally know cops who've been pulled clocked WELL in excess of 100 mph and they get NOTHING. The worst thing that happened was once when my buddy was pulled over around 120 and they cop that stopped him had his sargent call my friend's sargent. Sure, he took a lot of grief for it, but it's a world better then the fines, insurance, losing a license, community service, etc.

The last one I heard about was another friend of mine driving his pickup truck to his shift and was pulled over doing 95ish in a 45 zone. The cop got to his window, saw him in uniform and just said, "D@mn it" and walked back to his cruiser and drove away.

Back