Two cops "busted" doing 147+

It would have been the same. Speed alone does not constitute reckless driving. If youre caught going 30 or more over the speed limit, its a citation and a court date. Whats sad? Sure they are cops, cops goof off too and cops get caught. They are gonna get the same punishment as anyone else, acutally more because they will probably get reprimanded at work too, unlike to average citizen. Im so sick of people acting like cops arent human and dont screw up. They were speeding, they got caught, they pulled over. Give them their citations and let it be, if it were anyone else we wouldnt be reading about it.

It would have been the same. Speed alone does not constitute reckless driving. If youre caught going 30 or more over the speed limit, its a citation and a court date. Whats sad? Sure they are cops, cops goof off too and cops get caught. They are gonna get the same punishment as anyone else, acutally more because they will probably get reprimanded at work too, unlike to average citizen. Im so sick of people acting like cops arent human and dont screw up. They were speeding, they got caught, they pulled over. Give them their citations and let it be, if it were anyone else we wouldnt be reading about it.

+1

an officer isnt a robot, they like to have fun as well. he made a mistake... let him pay, but leave his job out of it.

they were just having fun like most of us do.:thumbsup:

Why is their residence on the citation the address of employment?

they were just having fun like most of us do.:thumbsup:

Why is their residence on the citation the address of employment?

so that you cannot find thier address by running thier license plate at DMV.

all vehicles are registered to the police station address.

Most people hold cops to a higher standard because they are employed to uphold the laws, so when they are caught doing something illegal, it is portrayed as worse than for civillians.
Just something to think about........how would you feel about one of these guys giving you a speeding ticket for say 80mph in a 65mph zone when you know they were more than exceeding a safe speed? seems a little hypocritical doesn't it? :whistle:

Most people hold cops to a higher standard because they are employed to uphold the laws, so when they are caught doing something illegal, it is portrayed as worse than for civillians.
Just something to think about........how would you feel about one of these guys giving you a speeding ticket for say 80mph in a 65mph zone when you know they were more than exceeding a safe speed? seems a little hypocritical doesn't it? :whistle:

Exactly. Last time I was pulled over was for under 10 mph over the limit. Who's holding who to a higher standard?

Last edited:
This is actually a good thing if you go to court for something like this the outcome of this case can be used in your favor in the future. Seeing as it was not considered reckless driving if you were to go to court you could use this example as leverage in your own case. (not that I want to ever be put in that situation) overall they will probably get it at home and in house , I still believe though that if you can pull me over and cit eme for it you should be better than me otherwise you should not have that right. If your doing it too you should be giving yourself the ticket otherwise it makes you worse than me and you shouldn't be allowed to enforce laws that you yourself would break. (speaking randomly of course not specific to any situation)

right back where we started AGAIN......

Rename this site Copbashing.org

Get pulled over and hold a CDL... CDL drivers are in fact held to a higher standard.. your typical $25 seat belt ticket? $300 for a guy driving his personal car and holding a CDL..

I got the ticket to prove it.. In fact it went against my driving record and doubled my insurance rates for 3 years.. was not even a moving violation.. it is just recorded as an "incident" without any explaination of what/why or where... sucked big time...

Pretty much. As was said: they were speeding. they got lit up. They pulled over. They got their citations. I see no issue here.

And the part about them pulling over....there are PLENTY of people here who have said that they either HAVE run from the cops or WOULD run from the cops. Hey, i guess if you want to turn a traffic ticket into felony evasion, that's your right. Just dont piss and moan when they find you and haul you off in handcuffs.

Depends on where you live. In VA 20+ over th elimit is wreckless driving.

Shouldn't police be held to a higher standard? Why or why not?

No, no, no! This not about cop-bashing!

Wrong idea. The intent here is nothing more than an example of how one's station in life plays such tremendous role in how one is treated, regardless of the law. It is also an example of the hypocrisy in the legal system in general. These two officers may or may not be otherwise good officers but for whatever reason they chose to completely disregard at least one law that they've sworn to uphold. If noting that is "bashing", then so be it. My interpretation of bashing is unfounded and mean spirited criticism, not observation and opinion.

For the record, I have had plenty of good experiences with cops (some bad ones as well). They've helped me out on more than one occassion and they've never wronged me more than by wasting my time. I'm glad they're out there b/c they're sorely needed. However, I do get frustrated when I see them take liberties with the law simply b/c they can as an occupational perk.

Back