Turbo Behavior

AMong

Registered
OK, ive been riding motorcycles for years, from motorcross to liter bikes and ive riden a couple busa's before, But i have never actually drag raced a bike on the race track. Im looking to get a busa to race and I found a turbo bike that I might be interested in. My question is, having never riden a turbo bike and never drag raced a bike on the track, do you think this is a smart idea? 1. can I handle the bike period? and 2. will it be any fun for me or will it just be ridiculous? Make no mistake Im no beginer when it come to bikes, just not drag racing them.

Eventually I want to work my way up to this kind of HP anyway and figured I could save myself a lot of money by buying someones bike already done. What do you guys think? Get a lower hp bike to start racing with or go ahead and get the turbo and take it easy until I feel comfortable?

turbo bikes require alot of upkeep, and knowhow. ridding it isnt hard, thats the fun part
smile.gif
a bit scary at times...but fun

Thats a tough question ! I'd get it but i've ridden for years . I know guys that have ridden that are still scared of the Busa. I don't know if a turbo would be a good bike for a first race bike. Try a ride on a stock busa and see what you think first,.

I usually try to stay away from anything that has modded seriously. Too many times buying someone elses headache. It would probably also be wise to start with a stock busa, get used to it, then do your own mods. My .02

when discussing drag racing, its a question of what catagory you would eventually like to race in. A stock busa, with maybe a stretched swingarm, air shifter, can pull out mid 9's all day. It would be consistant, and dead reliable. The consistancy is the main issue. Its usually easier to be consistant on a lower HP bike than the opposite. If you want to win races.

If you want to go stupid fast, then there's no way around it, you need the HP, along with all the funky parts, upkeep, tuning, etc that comes with it. It can still be very consistant, but it takes a lot more work and money to get it there and keep it there. And there will still be higher maintenance issues no matter what.

The power/fun factors are all personal. If you're a speed/power junky, then its not really a question. You'll love it, and you'll never be able to give it up once you've tasted it. Thats how I'm am....

Like most have said no...You need to begin this journey on a stock hp bike...To much can go wrong...Turbos are a blast but if your not doing the work then you'll be paying for it...There's no replacement for displacement (hp) but a stock hp Busa is a world of fun...

thanks for the input guys, I think ill start with a stock one and go from there... see you at the track

Back