Turbo on long trips

Cyclone

Registered
Hey fellas.. I was just wondering if you can go on long trips with your turbos. Or if there would be a problem with that. The wife and i like to go on long trips , but i dont know if you can do that on a turbo bike or not. I know you can do it on a turbo car. But i dont know if you can do it on a bike.

O yeh i like to drag race every weekend if i can. Dont know if that helps.
Thanks

Have you taken any long trips yet. I know you just got your resently.

When you say 20.000 do you mean that is long as the turbo will last or the engine?

no I live in freaking iowa.... as you know living in michigan... the snow isn't gone yet.... and the salt and sand is everywhere.... I just got lucky last sunday as it was a weird 72 degrees that day... its been a max of 30-40 since.

In layman terms it want hurt a turbo bike a bit for long trips...Think about it how many long trips are you going to make where your gonna be at the rpms that boost would start to build...Rlight...NONE...So if the bike isn't building boost then its functioning as a normally aspirated bike (stock)...As long as the system is installed correctly you willl not have any problems with long or high mileage trips...
evil.gif

turbo's do absolutely nothing while cruising. Its as safe as a NA motor in those regards. Its only when you hit boost that a turbo does anything at all.

I've got well over 20K miles on my setup, and in june I'm doing a 5K mile road trip. I'm not worried about the turbo at all. If you system is tuned properly, and you pay attention to your gauges for problems, you will never have a problem, road trip or otherwise.

Its all in the tune.

turbo's do absolutely nothing while cruising.  Its as safe as a NA motor in those regards.  Its only when you hit boost that a turbo does anything at all.

I've got well over 20K miles on my setup, and in june I'm doing a 5K mile road trip.  I'm not worried about the turbo at all.  If you system is tuned properly, and you pay attention to your gauges for problems, you will never have a problem, road trip or otherwise.

Its all in the tune.
Damn...Unc...I was right on target...
evil.gif

Thanks guys.. that is the info i was looking for.

Uncle Bob. Let us know how the trip goes when you get back.

In layman terms it want hurt a turbo bike a bit for long trips...Think about it how many long trips are you going to make where your gonna be at the rpms that boost would start to build...Rlight...NONE...So if the bike isn't building boost then its functioning as a normally aspirated bike (stock)...As long as the system is installed correctly you willl not have any problems with long or high mileage trips...  
evil.gif
i spoke with j.cheese about my turbo and long rides and he said the same thing are you riding far at high rpm's or just getting on it every now and then, understand? hope you enjoy the trip, hey how does your wife like the turbo, has she felt the boost yet? mine is nervous but will give it a try.
no fella's i don't ride crazy with her on it, but i want to know how it handle's (the boost kicking in), with 2 riding.

You could cruise for ever with a turbo, it only produces boost under a load.

hehe, I've yet to find a woman that enjoys me getting into the boost.....I usually accidently loft the front wheel and then get smacked upside the head.

Women just don't appreciate the things we do I guess....
blush.gif

Back