a little turbo assistance please here?

TWT racer

Registered
hey guys, I'm thinking about a turbo for my 06 Busa, but the question that remains with me is, "how will the turbo and Bike work if I do a long trip"?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Juan

Got a Garrett on my '06LE,,best investment I've ever made, been on 4-500 mile trips with no problems,,it basicly just does nothing untill 4-5000 rpm's and even then it's a smooth spool-up even in city traffic,,turbo has been installed since Sept. '08 ,,, :thumbsup:

Its basicly a stock bike under normal travels. The turbo only spools up boost when into the throttle. SO under good eccelerations boost....but norm constant speed.....just like stock.

ah that's what I figured but a little hard facts is sweet, and just what I wanted to hear.
Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind.
Winter's co...... (I know I hate to say it) but winter's comin in a not to distant future and I may need a little distraction

I don't know much about Turbos. But wouldn't that depend on what stage you install

Turbo is still a turbo despite the stage.....that just determines how rapidly and what peak hp/torque hits at. A stage 2 or 3 typically utilizes a bigger turbo, intercooler, bigger fueling and all the other goodies to pump the needed fuel while keeping temps down under the higher boost pressures but will still act like a stock bike while cruising until enough air is pushed over the turbine to spool. IMO Stg 1 is the best for "street" riding, 2 and 3 are for the big boys serious about their racing because a street tire won't have much of a chance against the kind of hp the 2 and 3's put out. The stage 1 will obliterate a street tire the way it is....adding another 75+hp......not needed for a street/touring setup.

My 600 HP Ultra runs like a stock bike until I get it past half throttle - when all hell breaks loose . . . I use it for going back and forth to work, and have taken several trips- Bear Mountain, Lake George, Jersey, etc. Thats what I really like about turbos as opposed to big blocks . . .

Back