Single throttle body

Cncbusa

Registered
Anyone running this on big hp turbo bikes here? A friend of mine is and the bike is a monster. Lots of talk about it among drag guys that i know and im helping design a intake for one. Curious who else is doing/done it. Dont really need that "crisp throttle response" on a 6-700hp wideopen throttle drag bike.

mjl3truck

Registered
Scott Horner was working on one years ago. At teh time he said it was a PITA to get to run cleanly off boost.

Mr Brown

Registered
Yeah, but those long intake runners aren't exactly going to get you screaming HP.
No, but they help out under the curve, where most engines spend most of their time. Big (relatively speaking) motors like the Busa or your K aren't gonna rev to the moon, and you don't need to wrong their neck to get em to move. There are tons of n/a and turbo motors (stock and modified) using single throttle bodies, I don't know what the issue would be for a bike. Either adapt an existing one, or reverse engineer your own.

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
I don’t know how I missed this thread. This is something I wanted to try on Lucy.

I figured the same equivalent surface area of the ITBs translated to like a 93mm throttle body. So that’s where I’d start. With a stock ecu the biggest hurdle I’d see is the acceleration enrichment from a larger initial gulp of air in throttle changes. Would be very easy with a standalone.

I think it might be a mute gain. I’d imagine the biggest gains would be from having the ability to change the runner lengths. Although keeping the injectors in the stock location wouldn’t allow for much change.

It be a fun experiment.

202mphbusa

Registered
I don’t know how I missed this thread. This is something I wanted to try on Lucy.

I figured the same equivalent surface area of the ITBs translated to like a 93mm throttle body. So that’s where I’d start. With a stock ecu the biggest hurdle I’d see is the acceleration enrichment from a larger initial gulp of air in throttle changes. Would be very easy with a standalone.

I think it might be a mute gain. I’d imagine the biggest gains would be from having the ability to change the runner lengths. Although keeping the injectors in the stock location wouldn’t allow for much change.

It be a fun experiment.
Have you any experience with Megasquirt? If you decide to try a single throttle bodie I would be willing to send mine for you to experiment with.

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Have you any experience with Megasquirt? If you decide to try a single throttle bodie I would be willing to send mine for you to experiment with.
Yes I do.

I think a stock ecu will be up to the task for testing purposes. It would be cool to use a gm tps. And the pipe dream would be to get the factory ecu to play nice with a gm IAC.

airborneuph

Registered
Eric at DAS had a single throttle body on his turbocharged GSX R 11 a long time ago. When I asked him about it he mentioned that the throttle response wasn't very good. If I can remember correctly he used a single TB off a mid sized GM 6 cylinder car. I don't remember how he got one injector to provide the amount of fuel required though. And yes, it didn't idle very well..

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I have dummed it down in my mind to the fact that one supply of fuel/air mixture can't deliver the exact supply needed the further it gets from 1 big supply. In an inline 4 config for instance would the 2 middle cylinders not receive a greater amount of f/a mixture than the outer 2 cylinders. Even with a huge amount of boost is it not near impossible to equalize all cylinders?
It this part of the issue?
Flames welcome.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Single throttle body filters All Motor 6
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Hayabusa Single stage Lockup clutch?. General Bike Related Topics 2
K Roaring toyz single sided swingarm adjustment. General Bike Related Topics 2
HayaWakened WANTED: Single, Used Shorty Slip On Wanted 1
B WTB single stage lockup and extended clutch cover. Wanted 0
Sandow Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Pump Demo single cylinder Off Topic 11
Sandow Are you single? Look no further.... Off Topic 10
W Yoshi single side exhaust on a B King Busa Mods 7
mike miller Worth switching to single exhaust? Gen II Busa Information 33
smitti New 2009 Busa 1st mod - 330 OSD Single Sided Swingarm Appearance mods 8
Z Dual exhaust to single Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 6
busamark1 Gen 2 brock alien single sided retro fit to a single sided gen 1 akro ti General Bike Related Topics 1
B Building a busa-powered single-seat car for the street General Bike Related Topics 2
N single stage lock up clutch 1/4 Mile 32
fallenarch single sided swingarm General Bike Related Topics 21
turbokaos 240 Single Sided Swingarm Busa Mods 14
04LE 2008 Brocks CT Single at OCMD Bikes to the Beach Apr 26-28th Dyno Kings 4
Blanca BusaLess We went all March without a single thread regarding..... Random Thoughts 19
W single pipe delete with a cap Gen II Busa Information 4
C6amar9O Single sided exhaust or dual exhaust? Busa Mods 22
Blanca BusaLess Aimpoint Comp M2 with A.R.M.S M17 Tri-Lock single lever mount Random Thoughts 8
Kento-Moto Any Dirt Bike single trackers in the House? General Bike Related Topics 5
Big Moe Greggs Custom Single Sided Swingarm? Appearance mods 0
sanket_420 300 OSD with 18 inches over on a single sided arm Appearance mods 19
Lamb busa single tank ride 10/30/11 few pics General Bike Related Topics 13
B Single man once again Random Thoughts 48
T Single side swingarm 240 tire Appearance mods 1
rickneuhaus just got my megacycle cam rewelded, need a single bucket/shims Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 1
twentyseven Single greatest clip I ever saw! lol The Playground 15
D Which master cylinder for single caliper setup? Gen II Busa Information 17
bigreef Dual or Single full Ti-force exhaust for Gen II General Bike Related Topics 20
F single fairing Busa problems 6
T Single front rotor General Bike Related Topics 18
bigreef Brocks CT single full exhaust or ti-force single sumo full exhaust (titanium) General Bike Related Topics 6
M single sided swingarm General Bike Related Topics 5
ddd269 Brock's Single CT or Dual CT? Which one? Gen II Busa Information 36
Blanca BusaLess Not a single thread on NCAA Football ? Random Thoughts 31
NewbieOnBusa Dual Single Side Exhaust! General Bike Related Topics 14
DEMMYM Do you like single sided swingarm Polls 42
xspower Single Fogger ? Nitrous 3
redkat05 HID kit for high/low single bulb system in car? Random Thoughts 6
J Single side swingarm Busa Mods 11
ManBusa VFR,Ducati Single sided swing arm mod??? Appearance mods 3
P Brocks CT Single Installed Gen II Busa Information 15
BusaBabe30 Looking for a single exhaust slip on..d and d, or yoshi? General Bike Related Topics 7
cipher5791 Single sided Swingarm Question??????? General Bike Related Topics 4
busaprincess454 Busaprincess454 is single Random Thoughts 105
Maximus Brutus Brock's CT Single/Dual v Akrapovic full system Gen II Busa Information 42
ogre going single (exhaust) General Bike Related Topics 6
ogre cheapest way to go single? General Bike Related Topics 24