Sync throttle bodies

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
My bike has just over 4000 miles on it but i decided to ask a buddy of mine to show me how to sync the throttle bodies. It only took about 1 1/2, mostly because we couldnt get the vacum lines off the throttle bodies but once we did it was easy. I can tell you that the bike runs MUCH smoother now than it did before. I can feel a slight difference in throttle response too! If any of you havent done this yet, i would highly recommend doing it or getting it done.
smile.gif

Shane - did you use Mercury Stix or the 'ball-type' gauges?

I'm afraid of sucking mercury into the motor...even without revving it!

Just did mine along with a few other things the other day.  Definitely a positive thing to do about every 7,000 miles.  I can feel it in my handlebars when it's time to do it again.

Here are detailed instructions:

More detailed instructions along with some whining and complaining:

It improves throttle response AND gas mileage. Highly recommended.

--Wag--

we used a set of mercury stix as you called it. It was one big long yellow piece of plastic with 4 tubes in them. We lifted the tank, pulled the air box, removed the vacume lines from the throttle bodies and pluged in the "mercury stix". (come to think of it now i'm not even sure what that thing was called. I didnt ask) ran the bike at or JUST ABOVE idle because if you crank on the throttle you probably would suck the mercury right out of the tubes. Twisted on the 3 throttle body screws until all 4 of the mercury gauges were even and then put it all back together. I had never seen this done before and my friend offered to do it so i said what the heck. Very informative and very easy to do. I thought about taking pictures along the way but i remembered about Jinksters thread and figured why mess with a good thing!
smile.gif

Wow man I did mine yesterday and what a difference ,they were deffently out of sync. Shes like a new bike . Thanks so much TSgt for this thread bro. you made my day
smile.gif

You might beable to get one from a parts store like Autozone .they rent tools also . just let them know that you want to sync. your throttle bodies on your bike .I dont know just an idea ? I had a friend that had one so i used his .

Your welcome Busa Bill! I had the idea in the back of my head from I believe it was Jinksters post about sync'ing them and couldnt stop thinking about it. My friend loves to work on bike and i mentioned it to him and he said bring it on over! I wish i could remember what the brand of the vacum tubes were though. He said he got it from a dealer catalog...

I think I might try to do this next weekend! Thanks for all the instructions!

The set we used is made by Carbtune 2 Syncronizer ,Theres not any mercury in these . I think the ones i used have SS steel Rods ,but they worked .:)

Back