thinking of buying used busa(ebay), 4 turbo

drag_on77598

Registered
what's up all? i am trying to wait on the 06-07 busa, but i know i can't. so i am looking at ebay motor's and they have some killer deals!! my question is, how hard is it to ass a turbo
(velocity), and keep the bike looking stock? i race a lot of guys in cars, and as all the people in houston know their are a lot of 1000 hp supra's and stocker that love to race bike's
is this possible? i want a boost gauge and i really want the bike to look stock, no stretch. any advice will help, also what how hard is it to maintain a turbo busa?

Just keep the oil changed regularly and there is no other maintenance (tightening up stuff, but thats it)

You can run the full pipe, run a screen instead of the filter and there will be no fairing cutting to give away that its a turbo.

go with a ghetto kit and you can run a filter inside the bodywork. Full pipe.

will look as stock as a turbo busa is going to get.

you can get it on suzukihayabusa.org and ping THEMOTORHEAD. The cost is 3995 for the stage 1. making about 260HP on pump gas and stock internals.

If you don't stretch the bike a little, you may be popping wheelies all over the place...  
devil.gif
, which may not be a bad thing... Most recommend a 4" extension to go with your turbo to keep it more controllable. Lowering the bike does the most damage in handling, not extending it... 4" extension looks pretty stock as well....

The full exhaust will look and sound more stock as well. The turbo exhaust is not near as loud as the dump pipes...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110327775 -->

my question is, how hard is it to ass a turbo
(velocity), and keep the bike looking stock?

Not so very hard.
I have a MC Xpress Turbo , not a Velocity.
On the outside it is very hard to see the difference
between stocker and Turbo.

Air filter inside , check :

http://www.imageshack.us

So you see - like a true stocker it looks.
Two canisters in stainless.

This kit does max. 360 hp on the wheel.
On pump gas. (98 octane or 100 octane)
Remember the name : MC Xpress !!

No water injection - plain and simple air intake cooler
placed before the water cooler.

I am very proud to own this baby.
Can you imagine ?
Power wheelies in every gear.
Bey now.

98 or 100 octane in the USA is NOT pump gas

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110487521 -->

If you've got mechanical skills you can bolt a stage one system on just like putting a header on...Then you've got vacuum, fuel and oil lines which can be a pain...You could hide the filter and go with a full pipe to be stealth and cover the fairing openings with screens to hide the turbo...You've got lots of choices that you could go with...

my question is, how hard is it to ass a turbo
(velocity), and keep the bike looking stock?

Not so very hard.
I have a MC Xpress Turbo , not a Velocity.
On the outside it is very hard to see the difference
between stocker and Turbo.

Air filter inside , check :

So you see - like a true stocker it looks.
Two canisters in stainless.

This kit does max. 360 hp on the wheel.
On pump gas. (98 octane or 100 octane)
Remember the name : MC Xpress !!

No water injection - plain and simple air intake cooler
placed before the water cooler.

I am very proud to own this baby.
Can you imagine ?
Power wheelies in every gear.
Bey now.
bike looks great, ok here is my situation. i now i am going to add the turbo on my 1k, sometime within the next month or so. i personally don't need that much power on a lil lite gixxer, so i have two questions(1). who has the least expensive and reliable kit, and (2) do the turbo's fit all bikes if i traded, like going from a gixxer 1k, to busa?

no your Kit for the 1k will not fit a busa also a small turbo for your 1k will get you in the 200 hp range you would almost be better off saveing your money and putting it twords a busa. and if your consider getting a used one i'd also suggest a dyno pull to see how healthy it is before you install a turbo cause if your motor has a weak spot the turbo will amplify it and sooner or later you will have a broken motor. I did this before i did turbo install on the 00 i bought which was suppose to be well taken care of well come to find out on the dyno it began to smoke and took the head off and the valve seats where bad and the rings coulda been in better shape the bike only made 148hp stock so yeah guess what engine build time or else i'd a been spending it later down the road and possibly more.

just a few things to consider

oh as for a 1k turbo Kit velocity is the only one i really looked into but i'm sure Motorhead can make you one as well

bike looks great, ok here is my situation. i now i am going to add the turbo on my 1k, sometime within the next month or so. i personally don't need that much power on a lil lite gixxer, so i have two questions(1). who has the least expensive and reliable kit, and (2) do the turbo's fit all bikes if i traded, like going from a gixxer 1k, to busa?

bike looks great ?? ... thanks men ... i think so too.
It it a beauty.

For sure go your way ,  but may i also give little advice ?

for example what i would have to pay in Europa :
GSXR 1000 2001-04 Racing
normal      /  with Turbo
 142 hp    /    220 hp
 5.295,-€
Kitpreis
Excl. mounting

I say  ... Midnight B. is so right.
This kit does not fit a Busa.
The Busa has a much bigger Turbo.
Even if you have great mechanical skills.
It would never work perfect.

About the Turbo Busa :
You say you don't need that much power on a lil lite gixxer
but a Turbo on that gixxer makes her harder to handle than
you imagine.

Driving a GSXR 1000 with a Turbo required great skill and technique , it will be like a very wild cat.
Step on her Turbo tail she goes ... whieeeeeeeeeehhhh ksssssssstttttttttt ... men ... can you handle such a wild cat
rock.gif

I prefer my dangerous bird of prey - silent but violent.
This big bird likes her Turbo , she can drive nimble or
i can choose and find out what it is all about ...  

Do not be affraid of to much power.
For me       : i never can have enough money.
                 so ?   the same it is with power.

Now i remember a song about money and power like this :
(Wrote it myself 35 years ago ... same period when Elvis wrote his "Jail House Rock")  

egitarre77.gif

" wanne be rich , rich , rich,
 wanne be handsome .... yeh.  ( swing your hips to left and right)

second couplet :

" wanne be rich , rich , rich ..  oe
 wanne be handsome .... ohhh yehhhh "  (again swing your hips)

third couplet goes approx the same so does the fourth couplet , only now you can sing it higher or louder.
And than follows the fifth etc etc , i sing it as long untill i fall a sleep.

So , basically it is quite a simple song.
Shall i put it on record ?

egitarre77.gif

egitarre77.gif

manthxs for the help, and the song, i am going to make a remix(lol) that does make sense and what's funny i always try to act likei don't want the power until i am on my bike. then i want as much power as possible, just like in my car. #### i want to super charge my expedition

Either way you go your going to spend loot...Ghetto Kit may be the best bang for the buck but there's always the but...Boosting a bike is not a cheap venture unless your skilled enough to make the right parts purchases and build the system yourself and that also takes time and excellent skills...All i'm saying is don't be cheap...Have your loot stacked for hidden ghost...
evil.gif

yeah, that's what i have been doing but i always look for the best deals, someone from this site has a turbo for a busa they are selling on ebay but it wont fit my bike! but with my luck the minute i buy one someone will get scared of their bike and sell their unused turbo for 100.00 bucks(lol)

Back