I have a 2003 hayabusa.

Mods:
-Pair valves removed and brock block plates used
-small air box mod w/BMC Race Filter
-Yoshimura rs3 full exhaust system
-Running motul synthetic
-Engine Ice w/Muzzy aluminum fan
-TRE
-Power Commander (using Yoshi exaust map with stock/aftermarket filter prog.)
-geared 1 down in the front and up 2 in the rear
-extended 5-6"
-running on Shenko Advanced tires.

Now that you know what I have. I have noticed a considerable amount of power from the bike as I did everything all in one shot. However the butt dyno feels only about 170hp. Is that about right for what I have? Also will I really gain a considerable amount of power by taking it to get it tuned?

what was it stock?
If you don't know then why does it matter?
easiest way to see what you have is look at your MPH in the 1/4.
ps junk the tre

lol... dude... I damn near have the same set up, although I never got it mapped I just added a little fuel though the power commander and the bike runs fine. I've got about 8,000 miles on my set up and no problems. But to answer your question. You might get a few more ponies if you take it to get it tuned but not too much more. More of what you'll get when you get it tuned is a smoother better responding throttle. :thumbsup:

It's all in the tuning! I'm making 175 hp and getting 48 mpg. (checked mpg this weekend coming from the Bash!) :thumbsup:

Well.. I changed my rubbers and went with the Pirelli Diablos. They handle great.

I also got a base run on my set up and laid down constant 163hp with like 89tq untuned. I think this sucks so I'm going to take it to a local tuner that only works on race Busa's. Hopefully I'll see some gains there.

This is one of the sheets. I lost the 163hp one.

I will get this tuned and post the new sheets.

dyno1.jpg

Your numbers depend on the dyno. Don't try and race the dyno. You bike exactly as it sits, on another dyno, may read 185hp! Tune for peak on the dyno you are on. Dyno numbers don't mean anything unless you are comparing bikes run on the same dyno.

Your numbers depend on the dyno. Don't try and race the dyno. You bike exactly as it sits, on another dyno, may read 185hp! Tune for peak on the dyno you are on. Dyno numbers don't mean anything unless you are comparing bikes run on the same dyno.
on a Busa you don't tune for peak.
If you tune for peak you will not have enough fuel when you ride

Well.. I changed my rubbers and went with the Pirelli Diablos. They handle great.

I also got a base run on my set up and laid down constant 163hp with like 89tq untuned. I think this sucks so I'm going to take it to a local tuner that only works on race Busa's. Hopefully I'll see some gains there.
Looking at the AFR it looks pretty solid, not a lot of dips in the AFR or HP or TQ curves...and for a Gen I 163 HP is very very good. On our dyno 166 is the best but that was using a Gen II exhaust on the Gen I. I think you are just fine.....

Last edited:
That's about right. Two of the same bikes configured with the same components can actually have a 5-10hp difference in them so I think you're in the ballpark. For example, I have basically the same setup (brock's instead of Yosh) and mine produces about 170hp (middle of the range) and 100ft (high for the range) pounds of torque.

+1 agree

I guess I should be happy cause there was another busa that ran before mines and he ran a 147 with the only mod being full muzzy 4t1.

However with the fuel is not tuned to compensate for the ram air effect. My box has a small air box mod and is completely sealed.

I want to be at around the 190hp range. I know I wont get there by just tuning alone. Whats my next option? Cams? Adjustable Cam Gears? Maybe a small shot of N2O?

I don't want to get an 08+ busa because I like the gen1 look better but I've seen them at over 200hp just on boltons which is kind of tempting.

From what I've read on here you can gain 25-30 hp from just a full exhaust/pc/filter and thinner oil. Add that to the dyno claims of 180 rwhp from genII busa's and you should have 205-210 rw ponies easy according to the internet info :rofl: And 185-190 on a first gen busa considering most folks seem to claim 160 or so rwhp stock :thumbsup: :laugh:

From what I've read on here you can gain 25-30 hp from just a full exhaust/pc/filter and thinner oil. Add that to the dyno claims of 180 rwhp from genII busa's and you should have 205-210 rw ponies easy according to the internet info :rofl: And 185-190 on a first gen busa considering most folks seem to claim 160 or so rwhp stock :thumbsup: :laugh:
:rofl:

Back