Hey guys. Ive got a k3 with the following mods:

MTC Drop in cams
44lb injectors
Yoshi RS3 Slip-ons.

Following soon:

BMC Race filter
Small Airbox mod
RS3 full race exhaust.

I took the bike to my mechanic and hes saying that its running pretty lean, so tomorrow ill be ordering a PCIII. I wont be able to afford to get it tuned right away, and i was wondering if anyone here on this site had a map for mods similar to mine. I looked on dynojets web site and saw a few that may work, but im looking for something just a little more accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

never heard of mtc drop in cams?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

Slightly larger lobes, alone, probably would not need to be tuned. They only really add a little more power in the lower rpm range.

Think it would be okay for me to run a map for a full race exhuast even though i only have the slip ons? The only map i saw on dynojets web site with the small airbox mod was of course with a full race.

Being that im not done with mods to the bike that would require tuning, i dont want to pay for a tune more than once. Just looking for a temporary alternative that is better than the basemap.

tuning is going to be the key man. All you can do now is just keep trying different maps regardless if they are for your combo or not and just see what "feels" better. Nothing you download will be better than just getting it tuned properly.

Which i plan on doing once ive got a full exhaust.....its just kinda retarded to pay for more than one tune. I think im going to use the map for yoshi slip ons, and leave it at that for now. Thanks guys.

Oh, so i should just let my motor run lean in the mean time? Cause that makes sense.

How many people on this site have bought a power commander for just a filter, and then finished their bike? Whats the difference? All im trying to do now is make things a bit easier on the motor, its my daily driver.

Which i plan on doing once ive got a full exhaust.....its just kinda retarded to pay for more than one tune. I think im going to use the map for yoshi slip ons, and leave it at that for now. Thanks guys.
That's understandable about waiting till after you have your full exhaust... but if you're worried about running lean, just use your map for the slip-ons and turn your fuel up a little with your PC. I have the same set up your planning on doing - cams and that's what I did, but I pulled plugs and ran on the dyno a couple times to get mine where I liked it.

Think the cams is whats causing the leanness in the higher rpm's. Its fine under about 6k. At what rpm do you think i should start to increase fuel on the slip-ons map? and should i do it at every throttle position?

First, just FYI I'm not a tuner.  I've just got mine close, I don't really race it
whistling.gif
and I keep it below 5G most of the time.  But it's hard to say with out looking at the plugs,  and a few other things. Although it really shouldn't be running that lean but I would start by adding one bar all the way across (mid, High, and low) (or you can trim it) then run it for a little pull your plugs and take a look.  If you think that in the higher rpm's its lacking then up your high range.

I'm running a full system and using the full exhaust map that dynojet provides on their site.  My Low was good my mid and High were off"¦ one bar on the mid and two on the high side.  Every bike's different so you'll have to play with your settings to get it where you want it.  I didn't get mine tuned yet cause I couldn't decide wither I wanted to run nos or a turbo.    But I got my nos and now I'm in the market for a tuner. Just my
2cents.gif
Guarantee, that there is someone on here that can prolly steer you in a better direction and I'm sure the'll chime in soon.

EditedPlug.jpg

I know this isnt a great pic, but the plug on the far right is white as could be, the others are a charred grey.... still think im not running lean? Actually, because of the federal clean air act, EVERY sportbike shipped from japan to the US is set to run lean to meet emissions. I know its probably not too drastic, but i no longer find it hard to believe that a few mods can make a bike run leaner than what is safe for the motor.

Thank you mike for your input, its a good start.

Brother I wish I could see the pic but I'm at work and well yeah.   but if it's that white you might want to check for a clogged injector the plugs for the better part should all be about the same color.  each cylinder is going to run a little different but for the better part they should all be the same.... but if it's not blocked use the cylinder trim option and turn that puppy up.  If you need any help let me know.

I gotta get with my mechanic and see which cylinder that one came out of. Had my tb's sync'd and he swapped the plugs for free while he was in there.

EditedPlug.jpg

I know this isnt a great pic, but the plug on the far right is white as could be, the others are a charred grey.... still think im not running lean? Actually, because of the federal clean air act, EVERY sportbike shipped from japan to the US is set to run lean to meet emissions. I know its probably not too drastic, but i no longer find it hard to believe that a few mods can make a bike run leaner than what is safe for the motor.

Thank you mike for your input, its a good start.
please do not post B.S.
Not ALL sportbikes are lean due to the clean air act
corner2.png

if this was true why would you need to lean out bikes?
rock.gif

just look at your plugs ungodly rich and fouled.

Back