Busa is tuned!!

Tommy Busa

Registered
Sup folks just got my bike Dyno tuned and re-mapped! I had my spark plug changed K&N filter cleaned and oil changed. My mods include a single sided Yoshimura Full Exhaust, K&N filter and Power commander PC3. Prior to the dyno and tune I was pushing around aprox 146HP at the wheel. Now I'm at 162HP just about a 20HP increase!!! The bike feels like a totally new bike with added HP torque and low end... ...

th_IMG_2406.jpg

Hayabusa Dyno 3192011.JPG

This was just yesterday in Delano, Ca yes the bike is running in tip top shape! Smooth acceleration and responce once the throttle is cracked! It's like I'm riding a different bike!

Thats a huge increase on just a tune... Did you clean the filter and new plugs and install the exhaust in between runs?

No I did the plugs and filter cleaning in feb. Yes the bike was remapped in every gear and run in every gear. The printout is like a before and after result :laugh:

This looks like a 100% throttle tune only. The file numbers show only 6 pulls. IMO, It would be impossible to tune all throttle positions with only 6 pulls.

Well I will admit this is my first dyno in my ownership of this bike so pardon my lack of full knowledge feel free to educate me hehee. From what I understood this print out is a before and after the tuning map that was reloaded on my PC3

I am no expert by a long shot and only slightly educated in the matter but this one just seems strange to me. If you notice the HP and TQ numbers go up by a large margin but there is virtually no change in the AFR except that the slight lean spot is taken out. Other than that the AFR lines are exactly the same. So my question is, if there is no change to AFR where did the gains come from?

Hahaah coo Yes I did see that he adjusted the Air fuel ratio and he also adjusted the lean part as well. I dont have any internal engine mods.

You miss my point. Adding fuel and taking fuel away over the rev range is how you MAP fuel delivery. When you do either, the AFR (Air/Fuel ratio) changes and that is how you make or lose power by optimizing AFR. I dont see where this tuner made any changes that would produce this type of HP gain.

Would someone with more tuning knowledge please help me understand where the power came from? Johnny Cheese?

sorry. No offence to you, but I think the dyno operator is full of ****. No way they gained any thing even close to that with that small of a change. I would guess 2-3hp with the change in a/f ratio posted.
Brings back memories.... Back in 03 or so a bunch of us traveled to monterey california for the wsbk races. we stayed for a week to ride around down their. me on my built motor 01 gsxr 1000 and 3 or 4 00-03 gsxr 750s, and one guy on a cbr 929 with devil slip on. the guy on the 929 was kind of pised because all the gsxr 750's could pull away from him on free way roll ons. stoped by a honda/kawasaki dealer in monterey to check stuff out. He talked to some one their about tuning his bike since they had a dyno. they claimed they could get him atleast 10hp and probably 15hp or more. Wanted $375 for a full dyno tune. I told him they were full of **** unless he had a really bad map in his power commander. Best to just unplug his power commander and see how it runs. I told him their was probably only a 3 or 4 hp difference from his bike with no power commander to a power commander maped correctly. could be loseing power with the power commander with a bad map. He seems to think he is going to get 15hp with a custom map so he leaves the bike and has them map it. we come pick it up and back tire is destroyed. They claim 118hp before and 139 hp after. I am thinking these guys are full of ****, but keep my mouth shut. They rip him on a new tire and we are on our way.
He keeps talking up his bike and how fast it is now. Says it is like a totally different bike. lots more power. we get on the interstate and all the gsxr 750's in the group pull away from him about the same now as they did before. :rofl:

None taken if it isnt what it is coo I do notice differences from before. Thats why I was wanting to post it here and have anyone with a background in this or experience chime in.

What everyone seems to be missing is that in order to do a proper full custom map you need an eddy-current, load control dyno. I know of no eddy-current dyno that fits in a trailer . . . the load cell is just too wide for it. Without it, you can only map wide-open, 100% throttle. I always make pulls prior to a tune to get baseline numbers for comparison. The first few pulls will always show the lowest horsepower - as the bike warms up, the rear-wheel hp will come up as well. When you get two pulls in a row that show the same hp, thats what the bike has prior to tuning. From the looks of it, this guy just made a few pulls, and printed the charts. Then again, I could be wrong!:lol:

Last edited:
Back