Busa is tuned!!

What everyone seems to be missing is that in order to do a proper full custom map you need an eddy-current, load control dyno. I know of no eddy-current dyno that fits in a trailer . . . the load cell is just too wide for it. Without it, you can only map wide-open, 100% throttle. I always make pulls prior to a tune to get baseline numbers for comparison. The first few pulls will always show the lowest horsepower - as the bike warms up, the rear-wheel hp will come up as well. When you get two pulls in a row that show the same hp, thats what the bike has prior to tuning. From the looks of it, this guy just made a few pulls, and printed the charts. Then again, I could be wrong!:lol:

Frank You are incorrect you can get an eddie current into a trailer there is some loser in town that has it in a back of a UHAUL and I do beleive Spaz had a nice set up. I was thinking about it but with deisel no way

Frank You are incorrect you can get an eddie current into a trailer there is some loser in town that has it in a back of a UHAUL and I do beleive Spaz had a nice set up. I was thinking about it but with deisel no way

Okay, I've just never seen it. You know something is wrong with whats going on here . . . and you know without load control, you are not getting your money's worth . . .:laugh:

He could have done the old 4th gear and then 6th gear pull trick like you said! Or, he could have even dicked around with the data stack . . .:lol:

I did witness him doing various pulls to redline and then throttling off, overall time for the process was about 30mins. Also saw him correct the lean curve, adjust the AFR and download a new map to my PC3. This is simply a printout that I asked for and was provided the before and after. Yes I do feel much more power on my bike no doubt about that since I rode it an hour before the tune and then an hour back home after the tune...

So what Im really wanting to take away from this is.. What should a rookie look into when tuning? Cause what I am gathering is I may have not got the right proof of the increase in HP, or even my moneys worth? I did pay $200 for it not too bad compaired to others. I would like someone with experience to help educate me so I will know in the future...... Thanks for the info so far

Just reading this scares me. I looking to get my bike dyno and I don't know to much about it. What I read on this site makes me worry that the guy doing the dyno might mess up my bike. All I would know is that you put it on a machine and run the bike and adjust the power commander. What should you watch out for when getting the bike tune that they don't take short cuts.

Just reading this scares me. I looking to get my bike dyno and I don't know to much about it. What I read on this site makes me worry that the guy doing the dyno might mess up my bike. All I would know is that you put it on a machine and run the bike and adjust the power commander. What should you watch out for when getting the bike tune that they don't take short cuts.

The 1st step in choosing a Dyno Operator is a visit to the Dynojets website!....There you will find who have taken the Advanced Tuning Course given only at Dynojet Research in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
.........Dynojet Motorcycle Dynamometer

What everyone seems to be missing is that in order to do a proper full custom map you need an eddy-current, load control dyno. I know of no eddy-current dyno that fits in a trailer . . . the load cell is just too wide for it. Without it, you can only map wide-open, 100% throttle. I always make pulls prior to a tune to get baseline numbers for comparison. The first few pulls will always show the lowest horsepower - as the bike warms up, the rear-wheel hp will come up as well. When you get two pulls in a row that show the same hp, thats what the bike has prior to tuning. From the looks of it, this guy just made a few pulls, and printed the charts. Then again, I could be wrong!:lol:

Here's a 250I that's rolling!..:thumbsup:
PATDYNO.jpg

I still call BS on this site
just because someone PAID money to get on the tuning center list still doesn't make them a tuner

The 1st step in choosing a Dyno Operator is a visit to the Dynojets website!....There you will find who have taken the Advanced Tuning Course given only at Dynojet Research in North Las Vegas, Nevada

The Dynojet website will tell you WHO has taken and passed the advance tuning course!.........YOU CANNOT BUY THIS CERTIFCATE!....:rulez:......You must pass the course!:banghead:.....And if you don't see where you get your bike tuned!....Ask them! Where is it?......If they give you the run-around!.....:moon:.....You should be running for the Door!

0_0_0_0_400_309_csupload_29683787.jpg

The 1st step in choosing a Dyno Operator is a visit to the Dynojets website!....There you will find who have taken the Advanced Tuning Course given only at Dynojet Research in North Las Vegas, Nevada

The Dynojet website will tell you WHO has taken and passed the advance tuning course!.........YOU CANNOT BUY THIS CERTIFCATE!....:rulez:......You must pass the course!:banghead:.....And if you don't see where you get your bike tuned!....Ask them! Where is it?......If they give you the run-around!.....:moon:.....You should be running for the Door!

0_0_0_0_400_309_csupload_29683787.jpg

I agree with the Cheeseman on this one . . . having that certificate means squat. I took their course over ten years ago, along with my partner. Even though I aced the test, it still means squat. My partner passed also - you know why? Because he paid, that's why! Everybody passes. My partner couldn't tune to save his life, doesn't know the first thing about it.

So before you go waving your certificate around and thumping your chest, realize like anything else that there are YEARS of experience that are behind a great dyno tech and tuner. Two years from now you will know a lot more and realize that this is true.

Just because you have a driver's license doesn't mean you can drive . . .:rulez:

What to Look For Dynojet Approved Power Commander Tuning Centers These centers are equipped with a Dynojet Eddy Current Dynamometer with real-time Air/Fuel Monitor and received advanced training at Dynojet to create custom Power Commander Tunes for your motorcycle using their Dynojet Dynamometer Equipment.

Dynojet Authorized Power Commander DealersThese centers have received training from Dynojet so they can provide you with the proper PowerCommander and the appropriate map for your motorcycle

Note: Tuning Centers are by default Powercommander dealers. However, not all Powercommander dealers are tuning centers. Please call the shop ahead to ensure it carries the bike services you are seeking

All of The above quotes comes from POWER COMMANDER website!.......In short!..:poke:...Just having a DYNO will Not make them a Tunning Center!......It costs you nothing to check with Dynojet to find out Who's Who in the Tunning World!

I agree with the Cheeseman on this one . . . having that certificate means squat. I took their course over ten years ago, along with my partner. Even though I aced the test, it still means squat. My partner passed also - you know why? Because he paid, that's why! Everybody passes. My partner couldn't tune to save his life, doesn't know the first thing about it.

So before you go waving your certificate around and thumping your chest, realize like anything else that there are YEARS of experience that are behind a great dyno tech and tuner. Two years from now you will know a lot more and realize that this is true.

Just because you have a driver's license doesn't mean you can drive . . .:rulez:

:whistle:...I have no certificate!....:poke:.....But I sure would prefer to take my bike to someone Who Has!....Someone with TRAINING vs Someone with someone with No TRAINING!..:deadhorse:

On another note:The greatest MOTORCYCLE tuner in the USA(In my opinion) doesn't even use a DYNOJET!.....He uses an MJP!.....:cheerleader:

took mine to a place that has never used the ecu editor, took my lap top and everthing and he wanted to know how to set the fuel with the ecu. I have an 09 and made 178 at the wheel with just a r77 4-1 and i adjusted the map myself.

busafastone Re: Busa is tuned!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
took mine to a place that has never used the ecu editor, took my lap top and everthing and he wanted to know how to set the fuel with the ecu. I have an 09 and made 178 at the wheel with just a r77 4-1 and i adjusted the map myself ..........................................

Was it this guy?

th_IMG_2406.jpg

Back