my dyno tune

haya2005busa

Registered
So when first bought my bike a couple months ago I had a dyno tune done on it, (which are the DC Cycle sheets attached) to see what the bike was running. wasn't that impressed with the numbers and they told me that every dyno was different and that their dyno was the same as the factory's (SAE). and at that time i had the Muzzy full exhaust, PC3, switchable TRE, and k&n filter.

so to put the theory to the test i took the bike to a local shop in town, and had it dyno'ed again just yesterday. Only changes to the bike is now i had the Small air box mod done, and PAIR valve removed, and removed the TRE. this dyno run was using ISO 1585 standard. (sheets also attached)

First dyno results (SAE) : 150.09 hp--88.41 tq
Second dyno results (ISO): 173.5 hp -- 103.5 tq

other things i noticed was first dyno was @ 98.7 degrees, 25% humidity, and 29.58 in-hg.

second dyno: 90 degrees, 63% humidity, and 29.5 in-hg..

but either way I'm happy with how the bike runs, great ride, great response, very smooth on the road!!! Glad I own a busa!

Attachments

• 20110706071847.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 412
something else i just noticed, the weather conditions for the first run : 98.7 degrees, 25% humidity, and 29.58 in-hg.

according to weather.com: the temp range for that day was 52-77 degrees and humidity was between 41 and 97.

i think that prolly messed with the numbers some.. not sure im no dyno expert but a big difference on what the recorded forcast was and what they put on the sheets.

Don't know much about dynos but that seems like a big difference for what you said was the difference in the bike between the two dynos. This tells me that I don't want to waste my money on a dyno. The street and my riding can be my dyno. Hayabusa, best bike I have had, ever. :beerchug:

Also :welcome:

as you have already suspected, the lower temps during your recent dyno helped your numbers.

my 2 cents: I would have gone to the same dyno shop/tuner so comparison will be as close to "apples vs apples".

BOTTOMLINE: your bike runs fine and you're happy with it :thumbsup:

P.S. Looked at your sheets but did not see it: AFR and timing??

as you have already suspected, the lower temps during your recent dyno helped your numbers.

my 2 cents: I would have gone to the same dyno shop/tuner so comparison will be as close to "apples vs apples".

BOTTOMLINE: your bike runs fine and you're happy with it :thumbsup:

P.S. Looked at your sheets but did not see it: AFR and timing??

yea i would of liked to go with the same shop, but the first shop was located in the town i purchased the bike from, bout 350-400 miles away..

think altitude would do alot with the numbers as well?? first shop was in north west corner of alabama, second shop is in panhandle of FL.

Was the shop in NW corner of Bama JMR Powersports in Muscle Shoals? If it was they are known to have a stingy dyno.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have to pay on the ISO site to see the details for ISO 1585 so it's difficult to know what the test conditions are. It is supposed to be comparable to SAE J1349 testing. The outside weather isn't the same as the weather conditiones in a test cell so looking online for the areas weather conditions isn't going to tell you much. The dyno results are corrected based on a specific standard such as SAE based upon the recorded weather conditions. This helps to comapre dyno pulls and reduce the influence of the numbers changing because of the environment.

The biggest deal here is the change in dynamometer. The second unit uses a sport devices controller/interface so it's either home made or one of the units sold as a Dayton Dyno. Either way it's not a Dynojet, Superflow or Factory Pro-Mustang. Therefore it's kind of a crap shoot as to what it's really making for power. The Dayton Dynos a cheap tools that can be used for WOT runs, but cannot be used for any real EFI tuning. Mostly bought by inexperienced shop owners who care more about price than performance. Therefore, I don't think the dyno operator was messing around with you, just using a type of dyno that reads very high compared to the rest of the field.

The second dyno pull was pulling your leg.im very
Big on relating dyno numbers to mph
And a piped gen1 mphs consistent with
Around 158-164hp.if the air is really good
Like -500ft you can add 8-10hp to that.

My bike is very strong and i barely put down 175hp and that was on a cool day at Schnitz dyno. I just went tuesday in 100* heat on the dyno with a shinko on the back and put down 160 na and 202 with a 50 shot.The cooler the air the more power you make. But Remember dyno NUMBERs are just numbers, what matters most is how the bike performs on the street/ track.:thumbsup:

something else i just noticed, the weather conditions for the first run : 98.7 degrees, 25% humidity, and 29.58 in-hg.

according to weather.com: the temp range for that day was 52-77 degrees and humidity was between 41 and 97.

i think that prolly messed with the numbers some.. not sure im no dyno expert but a big difference on what the recorded forcast was and what they put on the sheets.

Did you take it to John with Turnoneperfomance in Milton on the Second Dyno run?

I'm in Panamama City and going to take my bike over to Turnoneperformance when I get the cash! :)

no i didn't take it to turnoneperformance (herd great things about them though)..maybe later when i do something else to the bike i will, but for now it runs great..

Take it to Ft Walton? They are a little cheaper on there tunes.

i think turn one would prolly do a better job...the guy who runs the dyno there has had alot more training and experience with busa's...

the place in fwb is $285-300 to dyno..so just save the extra few bucks and take it to turn one..

i think turn one would prolly do a better job...the guy who runs the dyno there has had alot more training and experience with busa's...

the place in fwb is $285-300 to dyno..so just save the extra few bucks and take it to turn one..

Yeah, John @ turnone is awesome to work with and does very good tuning. $350 for PC tunes and $300 for Bazzaz tunes.

I have HP-Tuners to sell and a Nitrous kit for a FI car to sell as well. When I do, I'm on my way to John @ turnone after air filter/box mod and a TRE.

Back