Received my Dyno charts, what do you guys think?

Busa-King

Registered
The bike was Dyno-Tuned at M/T performance in clarksville,Tennessee. has a 6" extension, muzzy sidewinder exhaust k&n filter had the emissions box removed, air box mod, 16-42t sprockets and yeah thats pretty much it, do these numbers look ok?

Jonathan Busa HP.jpg

Jonathan Busa Torque.jpg

Looks good...
It's a baseline so now you can continue to build from there.

Dyno results vary greatly depending on numerous variable, so that's why I say it's a baseline, because if you go back and run it again, you may see it change up to 10%.

sad thing is the bike is done and ready to ride and im stuck in afghanistan untill beggining of december ???

hmmm i didnt even pay that any attention to be honest, ill ask mark about it and let you know as soon as i know

I am still wondering how in 3 pulls and 18 mins the gain and dip????

I was thinking the same thing. Were you somehow running richer than 10 to 1 and then tuned to 13.0 to 1 and suddenly gain nearly 30hp? I've run it that rich for nitrous and only lost 20hp. Something seems fishy. Is it me but is 180hp+ a bit optimistic for a stock Gen I with only a Sidewinder? Unless they are using an old DJ 150 or a MJP dyno, that # seems elevated.

I was thinking the same thing. Were you somehow running richer than 10 to 1 and then tuned to 13.0 to 1 and suddenly gain nearly 30hp? I've run it that rich for nitrous and only lost 20hp. Something seems fishy. Is it me but is 180hp+ a bit optimistic for a stock Gen I with only a Sidewinder? Unless they are using an old DJ 150 or a MJP dyno, that # seems elevated.

Might be the strongest Gen I in the world.

id be worried about the dip at that rpm to as thats about where youll be when cruisin @ 55-70 mph

ok i asked him and here's the deal, he asked me if i wanted him to Dyno it for Nitrous or HP, i asked him if he dyno'ed it for nitrous if it would run like poop when im not using the NOS, he told me it would run a little rich at full open throttle but nothing too bad, so i asked him to give me the best dyno tune he could give me for nitrous and non-nitrous use.... does that make sense or am i losing yall again?

still doesn't explain why you went from no dip to a dip, I say it was 2 different bikes
also 11K?

Last edited:
ok i asked him and here's the deal, he asked me if i wanted him to Dyno it for Nitrous or HP, i asked him if he dyno'ed it for nitrous if it would run like poop when im not using the NOS, he told me it would run a little rich at full open throttle but nothing too bad, so i asked him to give me the best dyno tune he could give me for nitrous and non-nitrous use.... does that make sense or am i losing yall again?

Here is a older tune shows what a NOS tune should look like...no dips in power just lots of pulling towards redline...tune for best power 265.HP 154 foot pounds of torque

Chance-2.jpg

Here is one I did on my stock 2006 Hayabusa with only an airbox mod. Used 2 .023 funnel jets. These jets supposedly only net 30 to 35hp but I have been getting more. I have been getting 50hp+ but the rear tire was brand spanking new so the there was some tire slippage. I also could have strapped the bike down tighter but I was just making sure the AFR was fine for a day at the drags that day. All runs were made using 101 unleaded fuel with no timing pulled using ECU editor on the ECM. Would have made a little more off the NOS if I were on 86 octane NA and 91+ on nitrous.

Can you see when the nitrous is being activated?
Depending on the size of the jet(s), the time it is activated and if any timing is pulled or not, you will usually see the spike from nitrous.

DynoStock_NOS.jpg

Here is an earlier nitrous run on a different day using a PCIII set richer at 12.2 to 1 on pump gas. This shows how the nitrous was activated a lot earlier and doesn't show such a spike like the other chart. This one looks similar to your chart except for the dip. Are you using a instant rich box? Maybe it is coming on before the nitrous hence the huge dip. But without the AFR chart can't really be sure.

DynoStock_NOS1st.jpg

Use a progressive controller and NOS comes on progressively and it is less of a shock to your engine parts..properly set-up it should make the bike pull out the door without power falling off at high rpms. Degreeing the cams also helps. Progressive controllers make the power way more linear and useable...less of the pogo stick effect.... :beerchug:

Last edited:
what is a instant rich box? im pretty new to moding the busa for performance so try and be patient...jaja

The Fast FI Mixture Control has an instant rich feature to work with Dry Nitrous Systems. It locks the fuel injection system in a full rich mode instantly via a signal from the Dry Nitrous System. This means no more reprogramming for NOS operation. As per MPS website.

MPS Fast FI Mixture Control

Last edited:
Use a progressive controller and NOS comes on progressively and it is less of a shock to your engine parts..properly set-up it should make the bike pull out the door without power falling off at high rpms. Degreeing the cams also helps. Progressive controllers make the power way more linear and useable...less of the pogo stick effect.... :beerchug:

for big shots or long runs but for a 50 shot and 1/4 mile no need it takes time for prgressive to work and kills sselinoids(I know spelt wrong)

Last edited:
for big shots or long runs but for a 50 shot and 1/4 mile no need it takes time for prgressive to work and kills sselinoids(I know spelt wrong)
I see your point. We have done them both ways, on the button and progressively and the progressive guys have better short times through 60' to 330' mark.

What I personally like about the progressive controller you can lock in a set throttle position (WINDOW) and rpm range where the nos will be used so tuning for it is much easier (SAFER) and fuel just needs to be added in one place. Also has a window switch to keep from revving on spray at redline.

Almost all the 40 and up shots we do are done progressively (start at 50% -70% and progress over 1-4 seconds) with a NOS mini controller. So far the results have been very good, no replacement parts needed yet. For the guys locking throttle in first gear, their short times have improved greatly. Just the results I have seen, so its what we do for now.

Back