These numbers look about right?

issdar

Registered
Just got my baby tuned at BRG Racing HP gain went from about 140 to 149. These numbers seem a bit low to me maybe the dyno that was used? Mods I have done are yoshimura rs3 bolt on exhaust, power commander 5, small arbox mod, K&N filter, Pair valve mod. Baseline was done using the Hindle bolt on power commander 5 map. The map was running much to rich to leaned it out, Think maybe getting injectors cleaned and throttle body sync would help any? It is a 2006 with ~7k miles. Thanks all

199414_1864944752822_1517117965_32092715_3679053_n.jpg

9 HP increase with those mods...seems high
Posted via Mobile Device

Well thats assuring I guess :) If it makes any difference he didnt rev as high after the tune as you can see on dyno chart. I will post better pictures of the before and after numbers when I get a chance. The power band is definitely much smoother now but lost little bit of power on lower end. Good trade off I think

9 hp gain from a tune is a good thing.

Factory dyno's don't give you dynoJet hp numbers. They can build in a conversion formula but who cares.

They didn't rev it any higher after the tune because there's no reason. You would have been past the cams peak and would have just seen a down slope in the results.

all dyno's read differently and the only important thing is getting your bike to run the best it can...your gains sound about right to me compared to when i had mine done...of course, a throttle body sync never hurts :beerchug:

Awesome thanks for all the info. I went ahead and ordered the motion pro non mercury sync tool for the throttle bodies should be here next week. Also gonna get the brocks pair block offs and new packing for exhaust :)

You should have gotten a baseline without the mods. The crappy map for your baseline is probably the reason for the big gain from the bolt ons. Comparing number from one dyno to another doesn't really mean anything.

didnt even no they had a pc5 for gen 1's already. shows how much attention I pay, now to order mine :thumbsup:

Back