New dyno numbers on my bolt on 03!!

teezy

Registered
All numbers are SAE!!

The orginal owner had a HMF big bird exhaust, PC3R and mapped done by johnny cheese performance. The bike put down 169/101 back in '04.
image-14.jpg

After I bought the bike (june 2011) I did the small air box mod and put 93 octane in it...........my bad............................... the bike dynoed 163/94. The map was off but not enough to hurt the bike according to johnny cheese.

Since then I did

ceramic wheel bearings
stretched from 56" to 63"
non-o-ring chain
shinko hook-up
pc3 usb
no filter
87 octane lol
16/42 sprocket

the results!!! 170/99............. I told that when you stretch the bike you loss alittle rear wheel hp. Im also told that dynoing with a drag radial or sticky tire vs a street tire you will lose 5whp. So comparing the before numbers and after would kinda like be comparing apples to oranges. Im happy either way.

Food for thought!!! Holy chit are bikes different!! I loaded a "canned tune" from Power commanders website for my mods. Glad I put it on the dyno. The power commander tunes are the upper blue and green lines on the afr chart.
image-4.jpg

I had the bike mapped at Rearick Racing in Round Rock Texas..

Would be something to go back to the dyno that you have your baseline one. See the before and after there as well.

I heard that 93octane will hurt you on the dyno. Also my but dyno noticed a slight loss when I stretched my busa

I lost a little from the stretch also.Why does 93 octane hurt the numbers??

What I have been told from the places I dynoed is the Busa motor does not have enough compression or turn enough rpm to burn off the extra octane. So it actually restricts the power..

"burn off the extra octane" an interesting quote. Since your octane rating is a simplified basis for how stable and resistant to ignition the fuel is, you can see how a bike that is tuned to run on a more volatile fuel would actually suffer from a fuel that is designed for a more rigorous ignition. If you advanced your timing or raised your compression that would breed a better environment for the more stable fuel. Otherwise you arnt quite getting the most burn out of the fuel. More burn out of a lesser fuel would actually make more power then an incomplete burn out of a stronger fuel. Again this is oversimplified as there is a lot of science involved in that whole operation, but perhaps this helps.

Why does stretching lose wheel power ?

One reason being the most obvious is drag. When you stretch the bike, you're adding more chain length which in turn creates more drag. Since he's running a non o-ring drag chain, there shouldn't be as much loss though

It doesn't matter how many times we try to tell people CANNED TUNES ARE JUNK....until they see for themselves it never changes.

Glad you got it tuned, any new track times??

P.S...I would fatten it up just a hair but that's just me...

Back