Dyno Numbers-gen 1-mostly stock

Goatkart

Registered
Hey gang, got some dyno numbers, just wanted to check everything out make sure it was all up n up and putting out numbers that were in the ball park....

bike supposedly has :

Yoshi TRS slip-ons
43T sprocket
BMC Air filter

the bike was supposedly remapped at one point as well...

now i know none of the mods really add power per se, and if they do its minimal, which is why i consider it "mostly stock"... between the sprocket and the no real perf mods, i figure im net zero gains in the performance catagory if not even down a little(as far as gaining hp goes)...

Now, ill caveat by saying, i dont feel 100% about the numbers... the AFR reading on the dyno was literaly rock solid 14.7 during the whole run, which seems completly WRONG... i honestly just dont think the AFR sniffer was working correctly, as the dyno chart was smooth and had no obvious dips bumps or spikes...

THAT SAID....the numbers...i BELIEVE the bike was dynoed in 4th (counted as he upshifted)... this was also on a Dynojet...

SAE: 145 rwhp/ 87rwtq CF: 1.00

STD: 149rwhp/91 rwtq CF: unknown

just want to be sure i am in the ball park etc.. and that there is nothing to really worry about...

ill scan the dyno sheet in a few..

just looking for feelings thoughts and comments..

Last edited:
K&N filter
yosh cans
148 on a superflow
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Hey thanks for the post Ken, at least gives me some idea..

Hope some more people might chime in as well..

heres my dyno chart from today (SAE)

img001.jpg

Mine with a 43th rear pulled 149hp I was a little disappointed but then I raced a few of my buddies with 1000's I regained my confidence :thumbsup:

A few years back @ 5000' elevation with a full pipe and Power commander 146.7 made me happy..... when i go to near sea level.. gas wheelies are very entertaining coming out of a first gear turn and just rolling on the throttle. The big question is... when is it enough? I think a stock Busa at sea level will flip right over backwards if your not careful with the the throttle....Disclaimer... i want more power too .... actually more torque is where it's at... Bigbore kit with a Carpenter Port job. And be a 200mph member.... :beerchug:
Anything close to 150 RW is a rocket ride.. yesno?? BMW S1000 AARRGGG!!

lol thanks for all the input...

normally i take dyno numbers and toss em over my shoulder just like the salt they are worth... track numbers is of course where its really at...

but i dont plan on taking the busa to the track any time soon, so this is what i have to work with for now...

more than anything, i just want to know for sure that the bike is tip top, and nothing to worry about :)

thanks all..

149 - 153hp sounds about right. It would be intersting to see if you had that dyno run made on an eddy current dyno. In my experience they show lower HP numbers but are much more accurate that a dyno without eddy current.

My bike prior to the turbo had Yoshmura Stage 1 cams a full Toshimura TRS exhaust as well as the airbox mod without a Power commander and it pulled 167hp. I was so disappointed as I was expecting 190hp. With that set up I was running 9.77 in the quarter mile.

As someone said earlier, once you start beating people at the track, the HP does not seem to matter much anymore.

Mine with a 43th rear pulled 149hp I was a little disappointed but then I raced a few of my buddies with 1000's I regained my confidence :thumbsup:

lol.. just caught this post, not sure how i looked through it a few times...

thanks for the confidence builder:beerchug:

With the same slip-ons, no-tuning just bored throttle bodies, pipercross filter, bored exhaust exits and small air box mod 154 HP 2007 with 62000 miles.

i go to MMI got to dyno my bike but didnt get time to do any adjustments,
2003 l.e. busa k&n air filter full yoshi exhaust, i just got it custom mapped but i need to take it back for hp run oh and i got 31k miles on it

03-16-2010 113456PM.jpg

Last edited:
Stone stock on a DJ 250I - 146hp
" ", 46 rear sprocket with PCIII tune @12.6AFR - 150hp
Small airbox mod, pair valve removed, Carroz wheels w/ceramic bearings, 46 rear sprocket, ECU flashed @13.0 AFR - 155hp

With Nitrous Oxide 2 -.023 funnel jets tuned at 12.4 AFR and 91 pump - 205hp.

Sounds about right on your #s. This bike with 155hp (128hp uncorrected) is a 9.90et @139mph w/1.60 60ft at 5200' altitude with 6200 DA and 175lb suited rider and bike weight at 515lbs w/2 gallons of fuel.

If this bike was at or near sea level, a better, lighter rider would easily hit a 9.20et @ probably 148mph+. Probably hit an 8 at the fast Florida tracks without too much of a issue.

Full Pipe, MR11 fuel, no air filter and a few other tweaks, the bike should run 8.80s@150mph+. Not bad for a weak 11.1 compression, GSXR 750 cams...blah blah....

But since I am a 290lb suited rider, my best up here is a 10.60et @130mph w/1.68 60ft. Sucks thus the reason I am turboed on about everything I own.

Last edited:
If you look at 3500 rpms and the power: torque and HP see how the numbers are going up hill, that AFR is what this bike wants...especially seeing how power drops as you head back to that 13.0 AFR. Don't tune to a set AFR line, tune to get the dips out of the power curves. :beerchug:

Yea I usually tune for best power across the powerband. This one is a very smooth and safe tune. So if I tune for best power, the line will be up and down in contrast of the target AFR but will show more average HP across the range when doing so.

Now I also tune on the street with a wideband (when the bike has an available bung) and the tune is different than when I am on a dyno. I typically tune a little bit richer like 12.8-12.9 as on the street and the track the ET/MPH are better because of Ram-air. Gee, factory Ram-air actually slightly works.. even at slower speeds. :thumbsup:

Back