tristar xp wiring help

btucker

Registered
Anybody have experience wiring these into their busa? I bought the tristar xp and load balance modules. So my rear turns signals turn in to running lights and turn on for braking. Studied the instructions and my wiring layout from my shop manual and was pretty sure I hit the right wires. When I powered up both turn signal lights on my dash lit up and not much else. Since its only two wires coming from both rear turn signals, I figured I chose wrong and wired it up in the reverse, all that did was blow my fused lead to the module.

Help!!!:please:
PS. I didn't wire up the load module because the instructions said to only if the system had been converted to LED turn signals, with it's not.
Need some help here guys.

Byron

my gen 2 blew the fuse for taglight which is turns signals and alot of other stuff. id say you got a hot wire grounding out.

my gen 2 blew the fuse for taglight which is turns signals and alot of other stuff. id say you got a hot wire grounding out.

I don't know, maybe I should wire in the load module and see if just having LEDs in the dash is enough to require the use of it...I hate electrics, would rather rebuild an engine than chase electric gremlins. :banghead:

B.

Any luck? I am considering buying the same module.

So did you get it working?

nope, not evaporated yet! Signal dynamics said I should wire in the load module even if I hadn't installed LEDs. So I did, and so far I have rear turns on as running lights, they light up when brake is applied...but still the dash turns lock soild and no flashing. Hunting for a clean visual of the gen2 wiring diagram to send them and ask. I now know I have it wired correctly and have the load module correct as well.:banghead:

so the latest is, I'm to try and wire upthe load balance module just to one side of the lights to see if that will at least get one side to flash. If that works it means I need another load balancer, one for each left and right side.:banghead:

Back