Integrated Tail Light Wiring

Yeah, looks like you'll need an integrator to get it all working correctly.

Can U scan the instructions and post them? Or are they available electronically?

(omslaw @ Jun. 08 2007,22:00) Yeah, looks like you'll need an integrator to get it all working correctly.

Can U scan the instructions and post them?   Or are they available electronically?
Splice your turn signal wires to the signals in the undertail. *Connect
the right (light green wire) and left signal (black wire) wires on the bike,
to the respective right/left orange wires on the undertail. Connect the
ground wires (black w/ white tracer) to the black wires on the undertail.
Connect the brake wires (white w/ black tracer) to the red wires on the
undertail and connect the running light wires (brown) to the blue wires.

From here: http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/instructions/BUSA%20Instructions.pdf

How many wires and what color are on the undertail.

The instructions almost make it sound like:

1) there is a built-in integrator or 2) There are signals in addition to the LED bulbs they sent.

(omslaw @ Jun. 08 2007,22:12) How many wires and what color are on the undertail.

The instructions almost make it sound like:

1) there is a built-in integrator   or   2) There are signals in addition to the LED bulbs they sent.
There isn't an integrator because I am using the stock hardware.

The undertail kit came with just the undertail and two LED bulbs. Have to use the stock wires and connectors.

If I can figure out which wires are what on both the stock tail lights and turn signals...then figure out which go where...but come to think about it, that won't help either because if I hit the brakes won't be able to see the flashers...confusing.

Looks like I just need to get some new turns signals and installed them.

Okay - I don't know if you have tried this - but
You have the wires for the sockets and the bike - what you are missing is the turn signals - so splice the turn signal wire from the bike into the brake (secondary) hot wires... Heavy is right, your LED bulbs are set up to run one of two ways on (tail) and contact (brake) - but it shouldn't matter if it is getting power from the brake hot or the turn signal hot - except when you hit the brakes and turn signals at the same time.

i have the same undertail. You are going to have to get an integrator or flush mount signals or something. You can't wire the lights up directly to work.

the best case scenario is they'll flash until you hit the brakes then the whole thing will light up solid.

I'm not an electrical expert but if you just splice the wires in directly when you hit the brakes it's going to power the taillight circuit as well possibly damaging the flasher relay

(joe_aa2 @ Jun. 11 2007,10:57) i have the same undertail. You are going to have to get an integrator or flush mount signals or something. You can't wire the lights up directly to work.

the best case scenario is they'll flash until you hit the brakes then the whole thing will light up solid.

I'm not an electrical expert but if you just splice the wires in directly when you hit the brakes it's going to power the taillight circuit as well possibly damaging the flasher relay
I installed LED bolts to replace the plastic pins and wired them into the turn signals, 2 on each side of the undertail where they connect to the uppertail, waiting on third set to complete. Need to install a resistor to keep the lights from flashing too fast. Pretty cool looking and haven't seen anyone do that yet...pics soon when I get everything installed and get my seat back from tobin!

Back