Integrated Tail Light Wiring

razorshark

Registered
crazy.gif
k, I got a new undertail...and the instructions suck when explaining how to integrate the turn signals. It says to slice colored wires that does even exist! The taillights glow and brake light works...and I already blew a fuse trying to figure it out.

The stock main wires are solid brown, black (white stripe), and white (black stripe). The wires for the turn signals are black and black (white stripe). Can someone help please? Thanks...

Sharky

What are you asking here? You got everything working but the signals?

(heavybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,21:18) What are you asking here? You got everything working but the signals?
yes, I don't where to connect the wires for the turn signals...everything else works.

Two wires each for left and right, and there's three going to the lamp...don't know the proper combination.

Do you have a 9v battery? Thats a good test on the wires.

I am assuming that these two turn signal wires are coming out of the new tail light and need to be connected to the factory plug. Right?

I'm trying to follow.

a pic would help

(heavybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,21:22) Do you have a 9v battery? Thats a good test on the wires.

I am assuming that these two turn signal wires are coming out of the new tail light and need to be connected to the factory plug. Right?

I'm trying to follow.

a pic would help
ok...now I feel stupid. Let me try to explain better.

This damn POS undertail I bought only came with new LED bulbs, I'm using the stock wiring and connectors. The instructions said you can slice the two turn signals wires into the existing tail light wires to use them all together. I got it from NYCparts and am not happy at all, but I install the damn thing. Any ideas?

I will go try pics...

Well yeah, NYC is not the top notch of parts. LoL

We will figure it out...

Hmm okay, if you can take a pic that will help me.

you say bulbs, do you have a new LED board or replacement bulbs?

Is this the integrator box you have?

YNSK-4001-2.jpg

(heavybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,21:flamethrowing:) Well yeah, NYC is not the top notch of parts. LoL

We will figure it out...

Hmm okay, if you can take a pic that will help me.

you say bulbs, do you have a new LED board or replacement bulbs?

Is this the integrator box you have?

YNSK-4001-2.jpg
No...no integrator box, damn instructions say I don't need one. Grrr....

Everything is still stock except the undertail and the just the new bulbs. Guess I'm missing something...

See the bottom of that bulb only has two contact points, that means that you have two filaments (brake and running lites)

You could wire the turn signal into the brake light and it would blink light you flashing your break lights.

But it is not truly integrated because it cannot change to yellow and blink between yellow and red.

this is it...and I'm not impressed at all, but since I cut the underside off...no choice now.
EUROS101BU-2.jpg
only black, I made it work and it looks ok I guess...
taillights.JPG

tl1.JPG

I think I have OCD because I won't go to sleep until I figure this crap out...lol

(heavybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,21:45) See the bottom of that bulb only has two contact points, that means that you have two filaments (brake and running lites)

You could wire the turn signal into the brake light and it would blink light you flashing your break lights.

But it is not truly integrated because it cannot change to yellow and blink between yellow and red.
so I need to mount turn signals some way and leave the wiring alone? well shiit the bed!

Oh and I have these rotate and flash LEDs from a different company on my bike, they are cool

rotating_1157.jpg

(razorshark @ Jun. 09 2007,00:49)
(heavybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,21:45) See the bottom of that bulb only has two contact points, that means that you have two filaments (brake and running lites)

so I need to mount turn signals some way and leave the wiring alone? well shiit the bed!
If it were me with my ocd I'd say yes.

From what I can tell these bulbs aren't meant to integrate the signals.

Now you could get REAL fancy and drill a hole in the tailight housing and insert a small yellow signal bulb.

Back