Aftermarket tail light

05busa1099

Registered
I bought an aftermarket smoked led light with integrated turn signals. No directions and want to know if anyone on here can help me with wiring diagram for 2005 gen 1 wire colors for turn and lisence plate lights wire colors on bike. I have small black 2 pin plug and 2 pin gray plug

Does it have a connector that is basically the bottom of a tail light lamp, a couple of resistors for altering the turn signal flash rate and a couple yellow wires sticking out of it to tie your turn signals into the new tail light? I bought the clear lense model, but I think we have the same unit.

Go onto Amazon and eBay. Find a similar one and see if they have a picture of a wire diagram. Sometimes in the pictures they have one. Then see if you have the same colored wires.

It's actually very simple.. Remove your taillight lens and you're almost there. Unscrew both lamps and plug the little tail light bottom piece that attaches to your new light into the right lamp hole and if all you want is the tail light, then yer done. Turn on the key, check it out.
Now, if you wanna incorporate the turn signals, each of the yellow wires will be required to be spliced into the Hot wire going to each tail light. You can figger this out by..
1. Key on.
2. Turn on a turn signal
3. Go to the tail of the motorcycle and disconnect one of the two turn signal combinations you've mentioned. Did the turn signal go out? If not, try the other one. Once you've identified the correct connection, take a multimeter and identify which wire is the HOT wire. Test toward the harness, not toward the turn signal.
4. Turn key off.
5. Splice one yellow wire from your new taillight into the hot wire going to the turn signal. Key on, test it. If it blinks too fast, The instructions show you how to wire in one of the included resisters to change that.
6. Crack beer and admire your shiney new LED taillight assembly.
** Comment in here if you get stuck bubba.. Good luck!

I guess I never mentioned mine is an '05 as well.. Sweet, sweet machine! I don't drive it much for a number of reasons but, there is no denying that the folks that came up with the Hayabusa motorcycle must have been alotta fun to hang out with!

Back