Help needed rear tail light ???s

Anger_mgmt

Registered
correct the black and black/white are for the tag

Forgive me, I'm tired, I'm not following the problem then. Factory plug, blue and yellow for integrated signals, and black, black/white for the tag. What's missing?

i plug in the harness nothing then the factory turn signals have 2 wire on each side and the tail light plug only has 1, either yellow or blue depending on what side you are connecting up tried everything nothing the tag in staight up one pos one neg direct to battery

i have the same tail light its pretty much plug and play.... un plug fact taillight plug in the new one then that leave you with the blu and yellow wires wich gets spliced int o your factory turn signal connetors just be careful and make sure you have the right pin in each plug did mine backwards once blew the fuse

So nothing will work? Do you have a test light? Can you check to see if you blew a fuse?

so i cant splice into the black and black/white that are for the factory turn signals

my fault what i meant by nothing worked was NO TURNS the running light does but press the brake and it goes out

when i do turn the the blinkers the complete light blinds but goes out when i touch the brakes sounds like a ground problem but the ground is in the harness connector

Black = Ground
Red = Brake
White = Running
Blue = Left Signal
Yellow = Right Signal
Either can be ground for Tag Light

only thing i can figure is the tail light is pluged in the harness in the wrong order cause the colors dont match between the 2 harnesses

I bought and installed this recently, they had the dam think wired wrong and I had to move the wires around to get it working, now the brake light isn't going bright when brake is applied... they are about the most frustrating company I have worked with. planning on opening up the tail to fix the problem with the brake light this weekend, I can tell you where the wires all go from there...

for the factory tail light there are 3 wires white/black tracer, black/white tracer, and a brown wire what are uses of these 3 wires as in what is ground, brake, running

Ok, did you plug the light harness to the factory harness and then splice the left turn signal to the Blue wire in the light harness? Take the right turn signal wire from the bike and splice it to the Yellow wire in light harness? The other two turn signal wires left should grounds. Right? According to the link, nothing will work or all will work if you have it wired right. Also, since you are adding LED lights to a stock system, they will blink faster when you apply your front brake.

if i plug in the harness by itself NOTHING WORKS, i connect the positive from the blinkers (black/white tracer, the running light comes on, i turn blinker on and the whole light flashes RED no amber, i connect the grounds to the blinkers SAME THING

Back