Turn Signals in Stock Taillight

Fredyp33

Registered
Hey, I just got my new fender eliminator kit in, and there are just too many wires for me to hook up. It's LED's with the turn signals built in. So I decided to just cut them out and use the old tail light. But I need turn signals; so I was thinking of wiring up the stock taillight to work as brake and turn signals, but I need some help. Has anyone ever done this or know where I can get some info. from? Thank you.

they do make an integrator kit that has the relay in it to let the brake light double as a signal light... partition off the 2 bulbs to make it more visable.

to be DOT legal, you need 9" separation on the TS lights.. (just a heads up) and a lot safer for you..

I used "hyperlites" twin 16 LED's and they are in fact DOT legal as I have them mounted on the license plate. (My CDL makes me try and stay legal)

DSCN3531%20%28Large%29.JPG

splicing is not that big of a deal as long as it is done correctly... You could buy another rear light harness, plug it in and splice to that if you are trying to keep the OE stuff intact.

I've got no problem splicing wires, in fact, I'm kinda good at it, as well as soldering, and heat wrapping, but there's such little room to work, and the fender eliminator I ordered has four wires for the left and right lights, one for running, braking, turn signals, and one for ground. But I can figure out where they all go. I can clearly see where the turn signals hook up to, but the original harness only has three wires coming out of it, I'm assuming that one is for left running, one for right running, and one is for braking, but I can't figure out which is which?

a few guys I no run these and they are not very visable when turning as the brake light over powers the dimmer turn signal bulbs. In fact most go back to normal turn signals

I've got instructions that say which wire is which on the eliminator, it just doesn't say which on the 'busa is which.

Don't do it! Nobody can see the turn signals! It sucks to ride behind guys who do this mod. Can't see the signals! Lamb's .02!

I think I'll take Mr Bogus' idea of wiring it up to a factory plug, then if it doesn't work out, I'll just unplug it and put the stock light back in. Good idea!

Also, if I do this mod and do use the LED's, since it'll be pulling a different load, will this cause my blinkers to flash real fast? If so, how do I fix this?

yes it will.... you will need to wire in a pair of resistors I used a pair of 50W/7.5ohm units from RadioS. You need to wire each one in parallel with each TS light

Excellent, then I'll try that, so, does anyone know where I can get a taillight wiring harness with the white box/pigtail connector?

Back