TRE?????????

dredge01

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'></span><span style='color:purple'></span> Has any one installed one of these TRE's on their bike and if so is it working the way people say it does??? I already rip the front wheel off the ground at low speeds with very little effort.... I was wondering if I should make this investment or if its such a dramitic change I'm gonna kill my self? and for those who have one on a scale from 1-10 how would you rate it and Y. I just bought a power commander and an Akraprovic Evolution exhaust 4 it cause my old system was pretty beat up after the bike was stolen. But it seems to be running well and is there any other cheap hores power tricks I should know of???
ThanX!!! \m/(-_-)\m/

What's a TRE?
rock.gif
???

seriously I wouldn't waste your money unless you are going to go past the 186mph on the speedo. People have said it actually slows you down in the quarter mile.

Please do a search before you post about a TRE!

It's probably the most discussed topic on any Hayabusa site in the world!

P.S....unless you top your bike out everyday and want more, there realy is NO NEED FOR A TRE!
wink.gif

Yes hundeds have installed a TRE. No you do not ned it unless you are top-end racing. It is mostly for taking the bke off of speed restriction. All the other useses can be achieved with a good tuner.

Sticking to the subject:

I have installed one... and after a while, I have uninstalled it. It's a pretty simple installation (plug and play), and the results really show up on top speed.
My tests made (without RAM-AIR effect) - on a power commander center:
TOP speed without TRE = 171
TOP speed with TRE = 188

On the road i didn't notice anything special, although people told me the Busa would be a different bike. I didn't notice anything really special on riding, neither top speed was a thing that really made such a difference.

My opinion is that the TRE is not worth the money:
- it makes the fuel comsumptions go higher (something important if you have to pay about $1,20 per litre)
- it messes with all gear's injection map (not only 5th and 6th speed)
- and finally it doesn't fill the expectations you might have before you buy it

that's my 2cents...

Another tidbit--on the dyno in forth --with tre "on"--tricking the ecu--bike computer--into thinking it was in fifth made a tad less HP's than with the tre "on" than "off"---On a side note--A tre that is switchable--
when it's "on" your bike may run smoother at low rev's----2k-3k putti'n around town. And if yer gonna top it out in sixth gear which i have not done yet tre "on"---176 Gps in 5th is my personal best..slow by N.E. speeds------------  
biggrin.gif
 And what J.C. said------

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "Spelling--sumthin' bout Budwieser"|1106095623 -->

Unless your trying to get to 190MPH+ you don't need it. Power commander and a custom map is the way to go.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106104842 -->

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it. Hook it up to run thru a toggle. So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch. I bet that would work...What do you think. I just invented that.

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it.  Hook it up to run thru a toggle.  So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch.  I bet that would work...What do you think.  I just invented that.
my kit already does that without a switch, just trying to fiqure out price

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it.  Hook it up to run thru a toggle.  So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch.  I bet that would work...What do you think.  I just invented that.
my kit already does that without a switch, just trying to fiqure out price
JC,

Let us know what you come up with.  I would love to have something like that.  I get sick and tired of taking the TRE on and off everytime I want to do a TOP SPEED blast, ride on the street, and then take it to the 1/4-mile!
sad.gif

It would be handy to have a little hidden switch for 6th gear only.  
super.gif

Josh
pirate.gif

P.S. If you can do it for less $$$ than a TRE, you'll put them out of business.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106318398 -->

JUST REMOVED TRE FROM MT BUSA 2007 COULD NOT TELL ANY DIFFRENCE EXCEPT IT DRANK GO GO JUICE AND AT £1.10 A LITRE YES $2 A LITRE IT HAD TO GO.IVE HAD 3 BUSAS 1999/2001/2007 AND LUV UM BUT TRE A WASTE
cool.gif

Back